Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobil
Accepted Solution

All Installed App went to Uninstalled App List

The  apps I installed few months ago went to the Uninstalled List. So, the Installed list is empty, and the Uninstalled list is full. 

I bought a new app-angry birds space recently. It went directly to the Uninstalled List. It does not show on the desktop/frontpage (whatever it's called). I cannot play it at all. I also download a free app for testing, it did the same thing. 

When I went to the Uninstalled List and click the Reinstall button. It only shows it was downloading but it never completed. 

Please help

Contributor
My Device: 64Gig Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: All Installed App went to Uninstalled App List

Hey, how's it going.  Maybe we should look into buying skis and a pass to Whistler Mountain and just use these things for Web browsers only. Hey for the frustration (less) experience alone oh and losing money to apps that disappear. Listen up too Android Tab users.

Anyways what happens when you go to My World when in App World, when viewing installed apps click on refresh list top left of screen. 

I did that just last week after losing icons to a few apps including a new purchase of angry birds space, installed list came back for me. However last night all 3 pages of my installed apps are now missing so I'm hoping someone has a fix otherwise this device will be browser only from here on in.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Have you tried the reset the Playbook, to do so just pres the power and the + and - button at the same time for about 15sec, you will see the red light will blink , and the Playbook will restart, most of the time that fix all the problems

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. 

It did not work even after I pressed the Refresh List. 

New Contributor

Thank you for your replay also. 

I've just tried your method twice. It didn't work. 

Contributor

Hey muimui, did you do something previous to your fail like move apps to another screen or?
Just curious or did you just turn on that way?

Looks like you'll end up doing a security wipe.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Rockinrog, 

I don't think I did anything, like moving apps. I had not downloaded or moved any apps between Feb and May, 2012. 

But I notice that after I did the software update (2.0.0.7971) a few months ago, the tablet takes forever to start up. 

I've just found out that my screen name got changed too. A five digits numbers was added after my screen name. 

When I click "Check for Updates," the green circle just spins forever. 

Oh, if i need to do the security wipe, can i save the paid apps? Or they will also need to go too? 

Thank you. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well all apps you've bought will always be remembered in the app world as purchased. In other words your account when you sign again after a wipe will show all your paid and free apps in the uninstalled list however this time you will likely have success when you click reinstall.

I am doing just that as I type since my playbook did something similar today. After the wipe OS 1.0 downloads/installs then you'll be prompted to enter your username and password then the download update to OS 2.0 will follow etc etc....

I'd say go for it.....If you have pictures and what not on your PB now you'll lose it so you must either suck it up or get em off there by dragging them off via USB and your PC.

New Contributor

Thank you Rockinrog. 

I think I'll wipe it.