Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Android apps for playbook?

S a completely different operating system and far more secure than Google's Android OS. Android has been hacked, rooted, and malware gets loaded quite often. Not the case with QNX on the Playbook.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanx again. I'll keep moaning & hopefully blackberry will listen.
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Murdoch64 wrote:
Thanx again. Wots the bet there's no apps that the kids want. What is so special about the playbook that it has 2 make things difficult?

It is reported that 70,000 apps have been ported to BB10

Thanx jarviser. Here's hoping derby days is one of them. Will the playbooks automatically update or be prompted 2 update 2 bb10 do u no?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

The few who know are not leaking anything, it would seem. 

My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)
My Carrier: orange UK

[ Edited ]

I think that some of the people who offer advice on Android apps make suggestions that are only there to help, and I take this opportunity to thank you all. Never having installed, or want to, and Android app, I can't se a problem with the Playbook. I ask advice on Playbook installs.

However my comment is this. Why complain about BB operating system? I don't hear one comment about Microsoft PC's not playing Android apps. Apples's o/s does not play Android. It is up to the developers to make their app suitable for each operating system. Contact them, I have. Some of their answers are helpful, some not.

Rant over.

Regards to all (except BB)
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I am complaining about me buying the playbook for my kids when all they want 2 do is play the same games their friends do! They do not use my main computer because its for the business & not for games therefore I have no need 2 complain about it! I was wrongly advised at the time when I bought them and now I am trying 2 fix it or it will be an expensive mistake!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)
My Carrier: orange UK

Yes Murdock64. Like you I was advised that Playbook would use Andoid apps. And by a few salespeople, not just one. I wanted Skype. Yes, will do they said. I wanted 3d navigation, yes will do that. Hmmmm. I have been able to work round. www.faceflow.com is cross platform, better than skype. Osmand gives 2d navigation.

I'm not a games player, nor do I have children. My wife thinks I am the child. Again Hmmmm.

I hope you will be able to sort. Maybe BB10 which will be here soon will allow adaption.

Regards

Regards to all (except BB)
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

BB10 will come to the Playbook but not on the 30th. Nobody knows when but itt will. As for the ported apps for BB10 being available on the Playbook, I don't know. They should run but don't know if they'll be made available or not.

Contact the developer of Derby Days and ask them if they plan on supporting the Playbook and BB10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 it

you can wait and hope , or mail the developer of the game you want to do a porting for playbook , or simply find a similar game Smiley Happy