Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Airtel

Android on PlayBook

I found a folder on my new PlayBook named android which means,PlayBook may soon get a update giving it's users android experience on the tablet .

I found the folder when browsing my PlayBook with the help of a application named Air Browser available in BlackBerry App World.

Share your views on the topic.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Android on PlayBook

The Android folder is there so that PlayBook and Android apps can share files. It's been around since the first incarnations of the Android runtimes appeared on the PlayBook last year.

In case you missed it: PlayBook OS 2.0 (released in February) already contains the ability to run most Android apps. The developer usually just needs to repackage and submit the app to App World. You can't install Android Market (Google Play) on PlayBoo. All apps - whether native or Android - come from App World.

For the casual user an Androd app looks just like any other app. There are some subtle differences, such as the menu bar at the bottom of the player, and the fact that you can only see one Android app at a time.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands