Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Android player freezes native video player

On using some Android apps on my PlayBook, such as download managers and TubeMate, the finishing or starting of a download will freeze the native video player.  Once this happens, the only way to salvage the situation is to switch to the Android app and then switch back to the video player without hitting any player controls.  If the video app is closed or paused, the media service hangs and nothing can be played until the PlayBook is restarted.

Is there a way to keep this from happening or restart the media service without restarting the PlayBook?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3 it

Re: Android player freezes native video player

are you tried to reinstall application? Maybe an updated version. this situation is often caused by a deathlock in programming code

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have, and this happens in all downloader-type Android ports I have tried - most recently TubeMate and FREEdi, but also happened on a download manager I tested (can't remember the name). TubeMate caused the crash on 1.05.45.277 and 1.05.45.278. FREEdi also causes the crash on 2.2.12.

If this only occurred with one Android port, I would be suspecting a coding issue within the app itself. However, for three programs to exhibit the same behaviour points to a fault in the Android Player.

Contributor

So....does this only happen to me? 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

are these side loaded or from BlackBerry World ( former known as BlackBerry App World)

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

TubeMate and FREEdi were sideloaded programs.  The download manager may have been an older version of AndroGet from App World, although I just tested the current version and it no longer does this.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Some Sideloaded apps have been buggy and not supported by RIM

you would need to contact the developer and ask to port them over

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V