Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

App Dev has released FREE Bookmarking App For PlayBooks - It's awesome!

[ Edited ]

I have the pleasure of informing you that a new PlayBook Application Developer named Kate Swasing has tackled and effectively tamed a long standing problem with the PlayBook's web browser - organizing bookmarks and she has done so in a very functional way. I'd highly encourage you to download and install this application.

Her application is called SiteBook and here is the direct link to it in BlackBerry World.

Instructions
  • Version: 1.0.12
  • Released: Apr 10th, 2013
  • File Size: 825 KB
  • Rated:General
  •  
  • COST: FREE

Here is a copy/paste of her app description:

SiteBook allows you to create and organize your website bookmarks, notes and tasks:

- Add items as websites, notes or tasks
- Tap a website item to open it in the Browser
- Launch SiteBook immediately before or after launching your Browser, and it'll always be just a single swipe away while browsing the web
- Create custom categories to organize your items
- Filter your items by category
- Export your items as text files
- Backup and restore your data from an external file

Permissions: SiteBook will ask for permission to access your shared files. This is required if you wish to export your notes or back up your data, but is not required for SiteBook to function otherwise.

Kate has graciously listed her application as a free download and I would suggest that if you download and install her application and find it useful, to provide a positive review in BlackBerry World.

April 10th Update has fixed this issue: The author notes that there was a bug discovered, which has subsequently been fixed and is awaiting update on BlackBerry world, that would only allow URL's to be posted in lowercase. She has fixed this and as soon as the update goes live, it will be reflected in the new release of the app.

She is also developing a Twitter application and if it's as useful as SiteBook, then I am sure it will be a success also.

For those who wish to follow along, she has posted an official thread over in the CrackBerry forums. Here is a link to that thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-games-f243/new-app-sitebook-792203/#post8287870