Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook and Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

App World issues. "having trouble connecting to BlackBerry App world Server" and "installation issue"

Hey.... I hope this isn't just repeating the 'same old' issue, but I have read through everything I could find and I am still having no luck.

Anyways I am having a few issues.....

ONE/// When I try to go to "My World" on my Playbook it always comes up with the message:

BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry App World Server,  Verify your network connections and try again.

One solution I read was to connect to an alternative WiFi connection, however I haven't got any other connection I can connect to before switching back to my own.... help?!

TWO// There are also two games I have been desperately trying to install but have had no luck.  Each time all I get is the following message:

Install Error. There was a problem during Installation.  Please try again.

I have read the KB26671 file, and tried to follow the 'resolution' there but whenever I log in I never get any 'account set up process' to continue with..... let alone what the rest of the guide says to do.

THREE// Not sure why but when I try to use AppWorld on my PC it won't show me my playbook device, simply says "please connect your device".... help?  According to my playbook it is connected to computer, and my PC is picking up the Playbook as the manager always tells me it is there and lets me view the files but still AppWorld can't seem to see it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Re: App World issues. "having trouble connecting to BlackBerry App world Server" and "installation issue"

In your experience web browsing, do you lose connection a lot? Do you find you have to refresh the page a lot to get things to load fully?

New Contributor

Re: App World issues. "having trouble connecting to BlackBerry App world Server" and "installation issue"

[ Edited ]

Generally I don't have a problem surfing the net at all.  It does sometime lose connection on sites that are image/coding heavy and therefore take a while to load up but even then it is rare it crashes.

EDIT: Just went on the net to double check... and it was fine for a while until it decided to crash several times in a row.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

[ Edited ]

Well I was just trying to see if it was your network connection. I have found that lately anyhow, the connection to the App World hasn't been that reliable - not sure why and it's just been recently for me. But I have downloaded some pretty large files in the last few days too without issue.

Sorry, this isn't much help but if you find your network connection is becoming flaky, remove the profile and setup a new one. Sometimes I find I have to briefly shut off my internet connection on the PlayBook and then re-enable it when it's acting up. Then things are fine afterwards. A device reboot may help but it may not. I wish I could be more help but this gremlin sounds elusive.

Actually, duh, why didn't I put two and two together eariler? See if this thread is applicable to you or not: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/PlayBook-not-letting-me-update-apps/td-p/...

In short, reboot your PlayBook and try again...

New Contributor

Ok.... I seem to have fixed it.  Originally I had thought the OS update was failing to install due to whatever issue I was having but now I think it was the other way around.

Managed to get the OS to update as long as the playbook was connected to my PC, if I tried without the connection it always failed installation about 68% saying it was interupted.

I then started to get a different error message.  The 0001-0003 one, so I deleted my Wifi and reset up and it seems to be working now.

Not sure about accessing my playbook on my PC appworld since the site is down for maintainance but at least I can do what I wanted to do now. Smiley Happy thanks for your help.

Sya x