Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

App World not available when bridged

I cannot open App World on my playbook when bridged to my torch. It says to ensure I'm connected to a wireless network. Can App world not be accessed through the phone's 3G connection? I also get network errors when I click on a link while bridged. Not sure if it's related, but the bridge Browser works fine with the same links cut/pasted in.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: App World not available when bridged

[ Edited ]

app wolrd and apps dont work on Bridge or tether

Please see

Article ID: KB26774

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks for the info. Good to know App World doesn't work for bridge. Not clear from the info provided by Blackberry.

When I try to tether the playbook says no phone not found and tells me to check Bluetooth and device are on and in range. They are (and work for bridge), but Bluetooth setup indicates no available services so won't let me connect.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

diable bridge connection and then setup tether on the playbook

Also make sure your dataplan from your carrier supports tether.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Tried the first already. Will check with Bell on #2. Didn't know the carrier needed to support. Thanks again.
Guru III
My Device:

Your welcome and please report back with your findings.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: ICE

Hi knotty

Quick question. I don't have tethering so I can't test this but, App world doesn't work while tethering correct, neither does video chat?

Guru III
My Device:

[ Edited ]

Accessable via tether or bridge?

app world no
video chat no

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

For tethering, both the Phone and the Playbook must be mated properly to start with. There is a setup procedure for your particular carrier. In many cases, depending on the carrier, you have to be assigned a login in account. With most providers your service plan for the phone must support tethering.

Make sure you are very clear with a tethering plan, because if you can tether without an agreed plan you can get hit with a huge data bill. Some of the phone companies will charge as much as $0.015 per MB or more. This will add up very fast!

The Playbook will work with both the bridge and tethering mode together. I use it like this most of the time.  I found the bridge browsing to be much too slow and restrictive.I use the bridge mode only for email and the general phone applications offered, except for the browser.

As for the App World, it will only work in WiFi. I enquired about this, and that is what was confirmed to me.

The tablet program downloads are very large. I read a comment that this is why the Playbook was set up to only download and update in the WiFi mode. I don't have that comment as official.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Contributor
My Carrier: sprint

I can't seem to get a response from RIM about which blackberry phones have tethering capabilities.  Can you tell me or send me some where that has a list of the models that tether.  Thanks