Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

BSU
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 3G+
My Carrier: EE
Accepted Solution

App World on PlayBook 3G+ isn't working.

I just got my BlackBerry PlayBook 3G+ yesterday and when the setup stage was completed I clicked on the app world icon and a blank screen came up. I tried a number of security wipes, powering off the tablet numerous times and many other things but nothing works including clearing the cache and looking at other forums and support on this topic and taking their advice. Everything else works with the wifi except app world like the browser and email. Can somebody help me with this I like app world working as without it the playbook is pretty much worthless.

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: App World on PlayBook 3G+ isn't working.

If your playbook is from EE on contract then complain to them. The SIM providers control the updates via Blackberry . Most people with "unlocked" 3G+ playbooks on wifi only, or using SIMs on other non blackberry approved data plans will not get OS2.1, and app world (which should be Blackberrry World on 2.1) is broken. So it appears from this and other forums. 

Personally I believe if you are in Europe with an unlocked Playbook you are stuck. 

Sarah.
Highlighted
BSU
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 3G+
My Carrier: EE

Re: App World on PlayBook 3G+ IS NOW working!!!

[ Edited ]

I have finally made Blackberry App World (or, now called Blackberry World) work on the Blackberry PlayBook 3G+, by doing a work around. By using a bar file of a previous update of App World from the 2.0 software update and sideloaded it on to the PlayBook. And it worked better than OK, I can access many App World (not Blackberry World) apps, however there are only a fewer apps because this Blackberry World is an earlier version.

A few weeks later, I read in a Blackberry forum post, that the 3G+ PlayBook software can be updated by putting in the correct network supplier's sim card for the PlayBook 3G+. It work like a charm and I got a software update to Blackberry OS 2.1. I can get all the newest apps on the Blackberry PlayBook, as well as a better interface.