Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

App World stopped working

Hey guys my app world stopped working for the past few days now. All i see is the purple screen and it just freezes there. I tried resetting the playbook and all but still not working.

Any ideas on how to fix this and what could be the issue?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Classic, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T MVNO Consumer Cellular

Re: App World stopped working

Bring up the Keyboard and type RST.  I tried it a couple of times, then closed and restarted App World and it came up.

John Hanks
Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Bold 9800
My Carrier: Bell

RST seems to be working for some but not others. Several have posted that they have had to do a security wipe to get it running again.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

RST works! thanks a lot for the tip guys.
Developer
My Device: PlayBook & Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I found another thread that discusses this problem I am also having. I repeat my description below:

I updated to the BlackBerry PlayBook version 1.0.5 Bundle 2304. I used the App World several times to install (and possibly delete) applications. 

I installed an app successfully, then I was no longer able to see the icons in App World. All I see is the background image.

After rebooting the PlayBook, App World is still blank. However, the notification icons related to updating apps in App World are present. Clearing the notifications do not change the status of App World. The notifications eventually reappear in the status area. At least one of these notifications are for a program that was previously updated to the alerted version -- the notice still appears after the app was updated. (The app was updated prior to this current problem with App World.)

[Additional Information: My PlayBook was in development mode since I was testing an app I developed. The sample app was signed and I do not have a debug token installed on my machine yet. Disabling the development mode has no change to this problem.]

[Additional App Info: JQuery Mobile App is now a completely blank screen. I tried to update it in App World prior to this problem and was given a message that the PlayBook could not connect with App World. However, soon after this attempt, I was able to download the BlackBerry News and CrackBerry apps. Immediately after installing these apps, I no longer had access to App World -- it is now a background image.]

There does not appear to be a way to erase App World from the PlayBook to reinstall it. A security wipe may be the only way to restore the app.

I tried the RST suggestion and rebooted my PlayBook. This does not resolve my problem.

| ProLove365 - Connecting the World with Love and Lines of Code |
| Follow me on Twitter at @ProLove365 |

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: ICE

Hi Pro love

Try reloading your software.

Turn the PB off, connected to a cpmputer with a updated desktop software via USB.  When you get the pop up (it appears for a few seconds) with the option to update, hit that!

This should reload your OS and in around 45 min- 1 hour your appworld should be working fine.

Let me know if that worked.

Please give kudos or mark as a solution if this helps! THanks!

New Contributor
My Device: 9800

this may be a stupid question but how do you bring up the keyboard in the App World while it is hanging with the background screen?
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Classic, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T MVNO Consumer Cellular

Swipe from the lower left corner into the middle of the screen.

John Hanks
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

How do I access app world in namibia
New Contributor
My Device: 9800

RST didn't work for me. I've heard other reasons why we only get the background screen. Wondering which is true and which are speculations 1 - cache full; 2 - App World store is down; 3 - A rogue app caused it. There are also many suggested solutions (with some being "hail mary" ones) from typing RST, reinstalling App World via BBDM, wiping PB and starting afresh and lastly, changing the language -and reboot. Anyone knows what is the root cause and the official fix from RIM?