Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: na

Appworld login Issue

I'm having huge problems in App world ..

I can browse apps/games but it refuses to connect to App world succesfully and authenticate if I try purchase anything, the most I have had it do is respond to an invalid login, but the login I know to be correct just sits at "Authenticating" and sometimes it will tell me its having trouble connecting but nothing happens.

What I've tried:

• Changed BB ID password
  • Security reset the device
  • Rebooted modem, checked WiFi settings (Browser works fine anyway)
  • Rebooted Playbook, several times
  • "Threatened it by holding a gun to a kittens head"

Playbook has WifI to broadband router (@2.4Ghz) (60Mb line) no proxy settings, DHCP, no other devices connected.

Since I erased it I now have NOTHING on there and all games / apps fail to download because of the authentication.

I can see no news anwhere about App world issues and any blackberry web page loads fine, so I'm ruling out ISP or local issues.

Suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: na

Re: Appworld login Issue

It seems fixed now. After yet another security erase, this time updating and NOT rebooting the device afterwards.

The only thing I did change on the networking front was point a domain name elsewhere that I had pointed at my IP, I don't see how this could affect it unless it's using some reverse DNS voodoo. but even pinging my IP from the US gives the ISPs correctly assigned hostname.

It's strange that this persisted over 2 security wipes & 3 days though.

I'll see if it re-occurs after the domain is pointed back here and the Playbook rebooted

I'm beggining to think that Playbook OS is secretely running Windows Vista