Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Etisalat

Arabic Keyboard

I want an Arabic keyboard where can I downloaded (sofware 2.1)

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Arabic Keyboard

Playbook do not provide one. 

Why? We need it, and there is a lot of users waiting for it.
New Contributor
My Device: 9800 & playbook
My Carrier: etisalat

i guess they won't, i have been waiting for the Arabic support for over a year and yet nothing.

Contributor

Don't say like this Smiley Sad , I'm also waiting for a year . If they are not going to support Arabic keyboard I will sell it, and buy another device because all the tablets are supporting Arabic.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

I guess the cost of implementing it outweighs any increase in sales. They have a very small target market. 

My Device: 9800 & playbook
My Carrier: etisalat

Well I guess they would have had a bigger market share in Arabic support was there in the first place, Middle East market is very big and people are reluctant in buying this tablet simply because it has no Arabic support. The device is very good in terms of specs but unfortunately it will never move in the M/E without Arabic support. As for me I will be also looking to sell it if this issue wasn't resolved. 

Thanks. 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I think that the middle east is one of the place on earth where the PlayBook had great sales, so I am not sure that not having the Arabic keyboard is really that inconvenient. The PlayBook can display Arabic texts without problems.

That being said, I can almost guarantee you that Arabic support will not be available in the next 2 months. So if you wish to sell your device, do it fast.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: