Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Arabic language for PlayBook os 2

I'm from egypt and i use Arabic language and i heard that there are Arabic language for PlayBook but i can't git or fiend it 

Please help me to install Arabic language for my PlayBook 

Thank you 

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700

Re: Arabic language for PlayBook os 2

this is a duplicate post...may people have already asked this question....there is no support for arabic language on PB.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell.ca

[ Edited ]

Any Idea if or when Arabic will be supported?

the 9800 torch and other device have Arabic support........

thanks

New Contributor

So, how there are playbook I had seen before have Arabic language????
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

So far I have not seen a BB playbook with Arabic keyboard, even with the new OS 2. I addressed this issue to RIM back in May 2011, and I was told it will be soon. But it seems soon for them is more than a year. The playbook can read Arabic web pages, and with the new OS it can read Arabic emails. But not Arabic attachments. The bottom line is, we need to wait.

New Contributor

OK we will wait,  but it is important as Arabic language one of the most popular languages and more and more of people use it. 

Thx 

My Carrier: O2

Re: Tell us your story

Dear Sir or Madam

I recently bought one of your products, the Blackberry Playbook. It is a great tablet and powerful. I speak English but my mother tongue is Arabic. Because I had a Blackberry phone and the Arabic language is fully supported in all blackberry phones so I thought that there will be no problem with the Playbook regarding Arabic language support.

However, unfortunately, my guess was wrong. The tablet does not support Arabic language. When using the bridge feature the Arabic letters are displayed unconnected and in the wrong direction (from the left to right instead from right to left).

This makes the Playbook useless for me in many situations, for example when presenting documents for conference.

I am writing to you to know if there is a fix for this or if you are updating the language support for the playbook in short coming time.

Please do not use the word soon, as this word lost its meaning when Google abused its use. The life of an electronic gadget is very short these days, so the full support should be available for the user to benefit from the gadget.

In addition, Blackberry phones are very popular in the Middle East and many people, which I know, said to me they will never buy the Playbook if there is no Arabic language support, (I discovered this after I bought the playbook).

If you are aiming high and looking to compete with the leading producer in the tablet market, then just look at how it is easy to change the interface language in the Apple iPad.

My Carrier: O2

This is way we pay £500 for iPad

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Zain

It's almost september now and no solution for the Arabic language support for bb playbook, I give up and I am going to buy the Iphone.... 

I am so sorry that I used the playbook 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch, Curve and Playbook
My Carrier: Etisalat

[ Edited ]

It is almost October, 2012 and we still do not have an Arabic keyboard for Blackberry playbook.

This negligence is neither understood nor justified. Blackberry support sucks, we will have to turn to iPad.

This will be broadcasted to all our lists in order to recommend iPad over playbook. We have been promised an Arabic keyboard long before the release of OS2.

Thank you for your support Blackberry,  I feel that you have a new habit which is losing customers/market.