Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8700ET, Bold 9000, Torch 9800, PlayBook, BB10 Alpha Device
My Carrier: Vodafone

Automatic shutdown on PlayBook

hi folks,

my playbook shut down automatic! If i'm on a game or make music comes the popup your PlayBook shutdown! It was 4 or 5 times maybe! The Battery is full and i have restart the PlayBook from time to time! Anyone's knows what it is? To much sideloading?

Kind Regards

Funky Dread
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Automatic shutdown on PlayBook

what applications are open on your device?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

It's different, PacemakerApp, Caustic 2, Modern Combat2, The Bards Tale, there are officially BlackBerry Appworld Apps. The Other ones are sideloading Apps like, Sondcloud,Mixcloud, pocketband u loops, and different games TompRaider, playstation emulator.
Kind Regards

Funky Dread
Guru I

sorry my question was not specific enough. Do you see a trend? What apps are opened when the PlayBook unexpectedly shuts down?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

It is different from time to time! If I'm gaming or making music I'd opend only one App for best performance not more!
Sorry but I don't see a trend! I thought first that is a safety feature if the PlayBook don't shutdown or reboot it from time to time! So does the system is clean and fresh like on PC,you know!!!
Kind Regards

Funky Dread
Contributor

I think i known that the issue is from an Android App! Everytime if opend the Android Player i see a popup in the left top corner, with the Android sympol and error loading app information!
Well, this is from to much sideloading i think! The latest PlayBook update with 30mb stopped on 23% and load after a short time the completly OS with 430mb and install it!

I will reset the PlayBook in the next day's and we will look what it does! It was cool if the PlayBook has a Event Log like on BB Phones! Or any tool to analyzed what it happend
Kind Regards

Funky Dread
Guru I

on the PlayBook, the event log is in the Help app.