Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange
Accepted Solution

BB 10 Operating System.

Good afternoon,

A quick question if I may?

When the new BB10 operating system is released in January will the current playbooks be updated or will it necessitate a purchase of a new Playbook to take advantage of this new system?

(I know this is not the correct section but how will this new addition affect the current BB mobile phones?)

Thank you.

Regards.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BB 10 Operating System.

BB10 has been announced for the current PlayBooks. It is said to arrive after the launch of BB10 phones, though no date has been given. My guess is next summer.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

Thank you for your reply, I await any update.

Thank you.

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

According to the Kitchener Waterloo Record, BB10 will be likely released towards the end of the year for the PlayBook.

Boy we are a patient group! The good news is that our PlayBook is getting more and more apps, side loaded or otherwise.   

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

godot2011 wrote:

According to the Kitchener Waterloo Record, BB10 will be likely released towards the end of the year for the PlayBook.

Boy we are a patient group! The good news is that our PlayBook is getting more and more apps, side loaded or otherwise.   

I am not so patient. Looking at other more mainstream devices for my summer vacation so I can Skype and Facetime the family who were wiser in their choice.