Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530 and BB PlayBook os version 2.1.0.1526
My Carrier: Verizon

BB Bridge causing my phone to reboot.

I have looked through several pages of this forum and I've opened the manual several times even tonight as some of you are talking about it but it opens with all the type scrunched together so I cannot even read it.  .

I've downloaded the most recent upgrade and it went fine.  I didn't notice this glitch until I was away from home trying to respond on facebook and it rebooted my Curve which of course deleted my message I was typing.  It did it several times that day and again today.  I kept thinking I needed to get an update but neither my phone or playbook have one.  Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. 

Wow, I wish all these guys were on my phone and playbook!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

Re: BB Bridge causing my phone to reboot.

I don't know how many people reading this particular forum (PlayBook) have a Curve.  You could also try asking the question in the BB Curve forum at the link below:

BB Curve Forum

I notice the BB Curve forum has threads involving Bridge so someone there may be able to provide help.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB Bridge causing my phone to reboot.

My problem is similar. Every time I use BBM on my playbook my phone freezes... I've checked for latest software and I have deleted and reinstalled all the software with no improvement. I will appreciate any suggestions that anyone can make...

Thanks,

GJE