Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB Playbook Wireless N connection problems on D-Link 825N router. Will work in G mode - not N.

chaosdivine wrote:

Well that's interesting...lucky you? I'd be pleased...

Actually, I have no idea what speed my Torch 9810 connects at now that you mention it - I am assuming N. Is there an info box on the BB phones that lists what connection rate you get? Or did you run a network test app or visit a website? Just curious...I'd like to know now that I've gone this far.

Further to my wordy posts (must uphold tradition afterall ) I have noticed that the OS 2.1 beta might solve my problems after reading this post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/WIFI-very-very-slow-with-2-01-358/td-p/16... (Skip to page 3 for it's all similar dialogue to what I've posted already).

I am not much of a beta guy so hopefully a full release occurs soon and then I might get some N love afterall.  

I have no idea of the speed, I just know that only connect to the 802.11N and not to the 802.11G, and if I could get the laptop to connect to the 802.11N, I could shut down that part of the router and make it a 802.11N only

I very rarely use the phone to browse the Internet because I can not see anything on the screen when it is viewing web site it is too small and I would need a microscope to see any thing :-)

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

Re: BB Playbook Wireless N connection problems on D-Link 825N router. Will work in G mode - not N.

I have managed to get things working an N speeds on the Playbook with all my other wireless devices on the same network now. I have posted a detailed thread and explaination with images and settings over in this thread: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/WLAN-Problem-since-2-0-1-358/m-p/1914499#...

This is now a resolved issue for me. I hope it helps others get their Playbook on a wireless N network that won't interfere with other wireless devices on the same network.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

knottyrope wrote:

I have had my fair share of issue with N

I use only G at home or at work. No one can get internet faster any ways.

N is good for data transfer from PC to PC. I hardly use it that way even at home. Wired at 1 gig is faster than wifi.

Look at my thread solving my WiFi issue.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-9700-smartphone/Netgear-WVPN824-WiFi-issue-co...

I guess you didnt read my thread, it has the fix you mention

glad to see you are doing beter though

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB PlayBook (32 GB Wi-Fi OS 2.1.0.1314), Torch 9810 (OS 7.1.0.746), Z10 (OS 10.3.1.1581)

I did read your reply but I didn't clue in to how important that one simple setting was until I saw it on two other posters screen captures of their settings over in the Crackberry forums. That setting change was the difference maker though so thank you for posting your thread solution also. It helped guide me to the eventual solution. Hopefully my post will give some structure and context for others to go by. I promise you that nothing is more frustrating than having your tablet not function as expected on a Wi-Fi network...

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I know what you mean, people have been calling me all day with wifi issues

I think N with its different configurations is too complicated, no one wants to learn about it and wants it to just work.

I use a Netgear N900 which has dual wifi on 2.4 and 5 ghz bands at my office set to 20. I dont have a channel issue but many routers are set to same channel which causes interference.

old devices work fine on G at 2.4 ghz and many (not all) newer devices work on N at 5 ghz.

this has some good info on wifi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I am having maybe a different version of this problem.  Was using the tiny cam software, and it was working great, but decided to upgrade to the Pro version so deleted the free version, and right then and there, the internet connection died. Playbook just would not connect any more at home at least.  In fact, it would not recognize my home network at all.  Like it was turned off.

so got on this forum and realized that my router is a dlink 855 also and checked into it.  Well, there was a firmware update not done and did that.  so now the Playbook started to recognize the home network and the range was normal for it.  It said it was connected, and all the IP addresses etc were there, but it would not talk to the internet at all.  So I left it on, and found that every once in awhile, it will talk to the internet, log in to my web browser home page and even download and send mail, but only for a few seconds.  It almost sounds like a protocol problem or something going  on with the Cam program delete.

Now as for the cam program delete, it did not show up in the list of deleted apps, so wonder if the delete was incomplete or what?

Not sure where to turn from here, but might try solution posted above first.  My first thought is to go to another location like Starbucks and see if I can get the thing to work, and reload the cam program if it does, and try at home again.  If not then a call to blackberry support

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

ok lets give my story here.  

Night before I decided to delete a cam program from my Playbook, not because I did not want it, but because wanted to upgrade to the full version.  that action caused the PB to stop recognizing the router.  It just did not see it.  So after reading some articles here, I decided to tackle the router issue.  Did a firmware update, which resulted in the router now recognizing the PB, and vice versa, but could not talk on the web.  Then decided to connect PB to my computer and do an backup.  That worked ok, so that done.  then rather than make some changes to the router decided to go to Starbucks and discovered the PB worked just fine, so doing a factory reset would have been a disaster.    Not needed.  got back home, PB still not connecting to the internet at all.  Decided, with the PB turned on, to reset the router.  so pulled the plug, gave it a minute, re-inserted the plug, and bingo, PB now recognized and working ok on the net.  Problem solved.

Sowhat ever happened when I deleted  the cam program is unknown, but it sounds like you could douse your connection with the router by deleting some apps.  Then to reeset it might take some legwork.