Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: orange

BB Playbook won't connect properly to Pc

Hi,

For some reason today I cannot connect either my wife's or my BB playbook to the computer.

It worked perfectly yesterday when  completed a full back up of my Playbook and both our mobile phones work / connect correctly.

The Playbook looks connected and if I attempt a backup of my wife's PB after about half way through it stops and shows the message, A problem occurred while attempting to connect your Blackberry device, this is the same message if I try media sync pictures, music etc. The BB Playbook screen shows all OK as does the desktop software. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the desktop software all to no avail.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: BB Playbook won't connect properly to Pc

Correction to the above, I can back up my BB Playbook and my BB 9900 and the BB 9320, however I cannot back up my wife's playbook. It gets about half way through then stops stating there is a connection issue.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

reboot her playbook and turn off wifi on it and try again

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I have already tried disabling wifi, but with no success. I can back up on custom, but not the system as it fails as it does with a full backup. I updated the settings on the computer via Windows update, when it showed an update from RIM for the Playbook. I've since completed a system restore to before the update but to no avail. I've tried changing the USB cable and USB port but to no avail. Strange that I can complete a full back on my Playbook and our phones but not this particular PB! We have completed them in the past with no particular problem. (I've also tried to back up onto the computer and to an external hard drive but again without any success.)

Trusted Contributor

Further to my last, just tried to back up on a different computer with the same result, gets to just over 1 GB, then error message appears.