Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Fido

BB10, PlayBook and MacBook Pro OSX

Here's my situation.  Any help would be appreciated.

I work for a small-medium sized business.  We run Exchange/Outlook on Dell laptops.  I have a corporate BlackBerry Bold 9780.  We are making the move to iPhone5 this summer, and I have a PlayBook 64GB Wi-fi.

I just went out a month ago and bought a MacBook Pro because that Dell was 'less than perfect'.  I am running Mac Mountain Lion instead of Windows.  That means Mac Mail, Calendar and Contacts.  I have added my Exchange credentials and my Gmail credentials into Mail and Calendar and they are working fine.  Only hassle so far is I can't seem to create a new folder in the Exchange environment.  My exchange contacts have come across fine as well.  I don't use gmail for contacts, just for personal email and my personal and my kids calendars (sports events etc.)

But contacts is a pain in the **bleep**.  Really not happy. Syncing to exchange and keeping everything together is brutal.

Love that the PlayBook adds in LinkedIn and Twitter.  Think that contact systems works great.

I'm planning to get a Z10, (either I convince the President to not issue me an iPhone, or I go out and get one myself).

Ideally, I'd like to try to keep all my contacts somewhere where they can sync properly.  Love to bypass the corporate exchange environment for contacts if possible.  

So, what's the best platform/method to do this? Is google the answer to keep all my contacts or is there something else? Outlook for Mac maybe?