Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: BB10 for Playbook

Hi,

I bought the playbook only BECAUSE an update to bb10 was promised. I really like the way the playbook works. And everybody that used my playbook was impressed also. But now I'm really disappointed after the outstanding news from BlackBerry's CEO. I think he could learn a lot from apple and Google where the updates come as they are promised. And they come to older devices also. I'm already thinking about my next smartphone. The bb10 os is really great, but now I don't think I will support a company which treats their new customers like this. Without bb10 the playbook is dead, and no developer will port their apps to a dead platform. The CEO should not forget that it is the customers who pay his checks. And if you get tricked once, you won't trust them anymore.

Super Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB and PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: DCI Telecom

I agree. The PlayBook is my first RIM/BlackBerry product. As a matter of fact we have two in the family. I am upset at the political response of the CEO. You either cut the cord and move on or KEEP your promises. As it looks it will be my last also. 

New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

I don't think it will, if it does it wont be anytime soon.. I think they are trying to get bugs worked out

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Koodoo

The Playbook is a piece of **bleep** as is.  Fanboys always prattle on about the 'hardware', but who cares if the Playbook can't play streaming videos worth **bleep**.  It's easily got the worst streaming video performance of any mobile device I've used.  If Blackberry reneges on its promise to upgrade the Playbook, I will NEVER but anything from Blackberry again.

New Contributor
My Carrier: N/A

Well today was the nail in the coffin. I will make sure know one I know ever buys a Blackberry product and do everything I can to run this company into the ground.

Developer
My Device: PassPort, Z30
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry has also stabbed a good number of their app developers in the back. Many rejigged their apps for BB10 for the new phones and the PlayBook. For the PlayBook the apps you have now will be lt, no new ones, very few updates.
New Contributor
My Carrier: n/a

Get lost blackberry, rest in peace, I will also make sure anybody else I know will ever buy a product from this company. I bought that peace of **** only because it was promised to get a bb10 update, now I regret my decision. My next device will definitely be an android tablet where the community can do their own updates, and I do not have to rely on a companies sake. Take your qnx and stick it you know where Mr Heins. From now on I will only buy open devices.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

As any of you guys can show an official statement about this, I checked the www.blackberry.com web site and there is nothing about this at all

There are not saying we will get BB10 nor are they saying that we are not, the last that I heard about it is that there was some people testing it, is it in Alpha or Beta, I have no idea, but until there is an official statement made either way it is all rumour at this point

BTW all the news come from crackberry web site, which is very far from being an official site

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
My Carrier: Koodoo

Heins announced he's cancelled work on BB10 for the playbook.  They're done as a hardware provider.  I will never buy another Blackberry product again.  The ship is sinking; time to open your eyes and jump.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/enterprise-it/strategy/Beginning-of-the-end-for-BlackBerry/a...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

@Rat-7, It came from the man's own mouth. Their website being out of date is nothing new.