Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB10 runs native Android by partitioning?

Hmm.  So with BB10:

-  embeded Andorid runtime will allow an easy port of some Andorid apps therefore broadening the app base(but not access to Google Play)

-  the "Balance" feature will allow a user to have a secure and a personal world on the phone (allows a corp envrionment person to only have one phone)

Seems to allow RIM to at least stay in the game but I am still stuck on why the average joe would go RIM vs a Samsung given the app base will be limited vs Android?

Am I missing a key fezature?  Not quite a game changer....

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, Z10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: BB10 runs native Android by partitioning?

Not all users will switch to BB10. Only one that find predictive text on BB10 addictive. After I've been using the Playbook, texting on my Android phone is awkward. 

If consumer values their privacy, BYOD crowd would love to know IT can't look at their personal data. You basically get two phones in one and not carrying two separate phones - one for work and one for personal use.

There will be lots of apps, already many now. 80% Android apps now can switch over to BB10. There are development tools to help them to do that. For further Android apps, Marmalade cross platform development tool will start from BB10, then a press of a button, port to IOS and Android. 

Each to their own.  I know I am switching to BB10 from my Android.