Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: MTN
Accepted Solution

BBM and CODEC issues on playbook

Hi!

I recently bought a playbook 64GB online and had it shipped to my Country (South Africa), since its official release is like in 4 months. I unpacked it and set it up, bridge works etc but im having two issues:

(1)  Blackberry messanger opens and then directly closes without even loading.  I have to try a couple of times before it actually opens.  Any way to fix this?

(2)  Sertain normal avi files wont play the sound or others say incompatable file. However they are still AVI?  Is there a way to install new codecs? or something to fix this problem?  Any help will be appraciated?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: BBM and CODEC issues on playbook

For the BBM issue, do you have the most current bbm on the phone,  try deleting the bluetooth connection and repair it. It worked for me. 

The codex the PB plays MP4 

I converted mineto MP4 and plsys quite well.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: MTN

Ive tried everything . From deleting the 9700's OS to updating the PB etc.  Nothing seems to work :/  But thanks for the reply!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hello Liewellyn101,

What is the software version of the BlackBerry 9700? Have you installed the latest version of BBM and the Bridge application? 

To address your question regarding codecs have a look at this articel for information on Supported media types on the BlackBerry PlayBook: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26518

Cheers.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!