Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

BLACK BLINKING SCREEN. NO POWER BUTTON BOAT IS WORKING

After Updating to the latest Playbook Software version, my playbook tablet refused to start normally.

I got a black screen that blinks when starting. Which make my playbook looking like it's working in the background, though am not certin cuz i tried taking a snapshot to hear the sound of taking the pic to actually know if the playbook is working or not, but it didn't give me any sound ?!

power button with + for 20 sec didn't work.
power button with + and - for 20 sec didn't work as well.
power button with +, - & play button pressed all at once for 20 sec didn't work too.

tried to download an earlier software using desktop software but this desktop "latest software" doesn't support that -__-
also tried to return to factory setting using this desktop software but i had the same thing.

HELP!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BLACK BLINKING SCREEN. NO POWER BUTTON BOAT IS WORKING

SOLVED!

By Un-installing the Desktop software and installing it again ??!!! and even before wiping data and restoring the default store software the screen came back! AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHATS THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PROBLEM AND HOW IT GOT SOLVED !!! -___-

I may just add i discovered a mechanical problem with my playbook at the left down corner when pressing some moderate pressure it causes the screen to go black .. that can be restored by putting the playbook in stand-by mode "power button once" and then waking it up again "pressing the power button again".

Samer