Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 playbook
My Carrier: Tigo

Batery and led problem

I buy my playbook 2 weeks ago and i have two problems first the led don't shut down after removing the charger or turning on the tablet. The playbook of my friend and my brother don't happen the same i read some tutoríals for shutting down the led but this are for the older version of playbook OS 

The second problem and more serius is the batery problem my batery don't charger more than 80% in the best casé other times only charge 77 78 79% look like need some kind of calibration and it's strange but i buy the tablets for my brother and friend and the other two tablets has coming with no SO and was necesary make the upgrade but my tablet has come with OS 1,8 installed and ready for use 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Batery and led problem

are you on OS 2? if not i would try the upgrade.

if that dont fix it, you can contact support or reload the OS on it if you want

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks i test the solution this night 

New Contributor

Sorry for the long time with no news but at last i be done the update with the desktop software and the problem continues the battery dont charge more of 77% and the led still on all the time and i forget but i can't change the brightness of the screen well the time of life of the battery it's 3 hours an 30 minutes aprox playing games and usign the wifi

I hope if someone colud help me eith this problem

thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Try the two button reset. Hold down the Power Button and the - volume button both at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot which will be about 4 minutes. Try this and report back.
New Contributor

Nothing. Thanks but Nothing happen 

I try todo overchargue pluggin and unpougging the charguer now the battery it's información 80%

Contributor
My Device: playbook tablet
My Carrier: public

Please back up everything you have in your PB (things that you store in PB after purchasing the tablet).  Just in case your PB will fail eventually and you can not even reboot it.  

My tablet can not boot and I am trying to search all the postings in this web site to find a solution for it

Forums Veteran I

PB2012
Do you have any light activity when you push the buttons ?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: playbook tablet
My Carrier: public

When I press power on/off in combinations with other buttons (-  and +)  sometimes LED shows a red light for a few seconds then the light went off.  The response is not consistent.

Forums Veteran I

The red light at that point indicates that it is booting up. It will take about 4 minutes to do so. When you hold down all the buttons for about 15 seconds, it is telling the software to go back to the start point. Sometimes the PB gets stuck in an endless loop and won't exit. It is the same as Control - Alt - Delete on the computer.The red light at that point indicates that it is booting up. It will take about 4 minutes to do so.
Connect the battery charger to the PB and tell me what happens. Watch the lights for a few minutes.