Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: sprint

Battery Takes Forever to Charge

I charged my new Playbook once I received it and it seemed to take a long time to chargeI had Wi-Fi , blue tooth off and screen blankedEverything seemed to work fine until I left it off charge over night and the battery indicator is "red".  I have tried recharging all day and it remains "red" empty battery but does show the electric charge symbol.  I have used the power off button and shut the device down and no change.

I have been charging using the power adapter, my Blackberry Tour adapter and USB to computerNo changes in battery indicator???

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530 / Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Battery Takes Forever to Charge

sounds like a problem with the battery indicator and not your playbook's actual battery

wnicolow wrote:

I charged my new Playbook once I received it and it seemed to take a long time to chargeI had Wi-Fi , blue tooth off and screen blankedEverything seemed to work fine until I left it off charge over night and the battery indicator is "red".  I have tried recharging all day and it remains "red" empty battery but does show the electric charge symbol.  I have used the power off button and shut the device down and no change.

I have been charging using the power adapter, my Blackberry Tour adapter and USB to computerNo changes in battery indicator???

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch, Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Battery Takes Forever to Charge

You might want the check out the following thread:

Charging the Playbook

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Charging-the-Playbook/td-p/1021719/page/2

There has been a lot of discussion of the Playbook batteries and charging,

--Bryan