Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Battery critically low , update will resume after battery is 20%

USB does charge it but VERY slowly and only if the display is off. Don't rely on USB power to charge the PB.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

John_Clark wrote:
USB does charge it but VERY slowly and only if the display is off. Don't rely on USB power to charge the PB.

This is useful if you want to sync a lot of media which can take hours. While the screen is off and Playbook syncs it takes a net charge. I find after some hours on sync to my computer the charge has gone up significantly.  USB3 has a 1.5 amp capacity. It would be good if anyone has tried the PB on USB3.

If you use a modded cable as in http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Charge-My-Playbook-Via-USB/td-p/2000137  it does charge while awake.  Not much but it's there. It does however take a charge from a car USB adapter with that cable. Without it, it will not. 

My Device: playbook 64 gb
My Carrier: verizon

Hello everyone, I got the new rapid charger but still the problem is not solved. I get the same message. I tried connecting and reconecting multiple times at various intervals. I left it charging with the message in the screen for over 10 hours but still the problem is not solved. when i disconnect it from the charger and press power button there is  no sign of life in the playbook. Guys what should I do. If i had not updated the OS I think that the problem would be solved easily with the rapid charger. How do you think that I can charge the battery to 20%. And after I leave the playbook connected for about half hour the playbook boots but even then when I disconnect and then press the power button no sign of life is seen. Dont you think that there should be some LED lights. I am really in problem.

Please some one help me out

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi playstone,

I'm going to see if I can find another thing for you to try and if I can't, I'll try to get additional assistance.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 64 gb
My Carrier: verizon

thank you so much. I am looking forward to that.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hi playstone,

I've been unable to find anything else that can help. It is possible that it's a hardware issue and nothing will help, but I'm going to request some additional assistance and hopefully we'll be able to get more information.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

playstone wrote:

I tried connecting and reconecting multiple times at various intervals. I left it charging with the message in the screen for over 10 hours but still the problem is not solved. when i disconnect it from the charger and press power button there is  no sign of life in the playbook. 

One major tip, DO NOT disconnect from the charger! Leave it connected to the charger and press the power key ONLY, for about 20 seconds. Leave it connected several more hours, and try again, still with the charger connected.

Try this with the wall outlet charger and with the new magnetic rapid charger. Try it with both connected, lol.

You only need press the power button for 20 seconds.

Do this over the next 24 hours, 3-4 times, and do not disconnect from the charger!

Please let us know tomorrow how it sits.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code