Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook WiFi 64GB
My Carrier: None

Battery life playbook - Problems after updating 2.1.0.1917

Dear all,

Maybe it's only my problem but after updating my playbook to 2.1.0.1917 i have to complain about very bad battery life. Full charging over The night, then unplugg it, keeping The device without use on The Desk and after approx. 10 hours (no WLAN) The battery is empty Smiley Sad
New Contributor

Re: Battery life playbook - Problems after updating 2.1.0.1917

Update

Seems to be more a WiFi issues as I have to admit that without WLAN on the battery life is okay...

OSWeber wrote:
Dear all,

Maybe it's only my problem but after updating my playbook to 2.1.0.1917 i have to complain about very bad battery life. Full charging over The night, then unplugg it, keeping The device without use on The Desk and after approx. 10 hours (no WLAN) The battery is empty Smiley Sad

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Update 

It is definitely a WiFi issues as with WLAN on, the playbook is empty after a few hours ( without usage )

Before changing to .1917 the lifetime was much better: a few days!

New Contributor

... And i am confused due to the fact that the backside becomes very hot. I can't remember that this happened before.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 16g wifi
My Carrier: na

I have the same issue. But I don't think it is specifically relayed to the 1917 update since I have had that update for a while, but just started having the problem since the past few days. Really weird as I have never experienced this before.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I seem to have solved my issue. After various web searches, I came across a few threads suggesting it had to do with Microsoft email services. Although this didn't make any sense to me, I noticed the playbook had apparently lost some configuration details for a couple of Outlook.com accounts (it has done this periodically in the past also) and was complaining about not being able to access the servers (wrong account/password details). These account issues did not show-up initially. After now deleting those accounts, I don't appear to have the issue anymore.  I went to bed last night with the playbook fully charged and unplugged, and it was still at 98% this morning. Today after a whole day on standby it is still only now down to 90%. A good feeling to have it back to normal. I guess it was constantly re-trying or something like that.

New Contributor

The situation keeps the same. Even after deleting all email accounts the power consumption and the heat issue remain. I'm absolutely disappointed and I would rather chuck away the device as using it one minute longer. AND in addition there is NO SUPPORT from blackberry at all! 

New Contributor

Not sure what else I can say. Perhaps your Playbook hardware has finally reached the end of its life. I too am a bit disappointed that blackberry has not continued to support the Playbook. But hey, its not really a new tablet line anymore and I can assume not out of line with every other manufacture in terms of how long they continue to support their hardware. With blackberry blend coming out soon, it would seem most of the great blackberry features will be available via linked device to many different types of tablets (as long as you have a main bb10 device). If you really need to keep a Playbook and don't want to purchase a newer tablet from some other manufacture, then you should be able to find new/used replacement Playbooks on the Web. Not sure if this helps you.

New Contributor

Well, usually I'm using my iPad and the playbook is only for backup purpose and some web/email checks. But anyway as the failure occured after the update I hoped that the developper team is interested in feedback or could even check that there is actually an issue within the new code ...
New Contributor

Yes, that would be great if they would give that feedback.