Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Tour 9630 , Playbook 32 Gb
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry ID Locked Out

Running 2.0.0.7111 Developers Build. I understand the risks involved when using the developer build but I would like to know if anyone is experiencing this issue and has anyone learned the reason behind this as well as a reasonable fix. 

I receive the error message: 

"BlackBerry ID Locked 

You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to verify your password. 

For security reasons, you have been locked out for 49458518 minutes." Any ideas anyone? 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry ID Locked Out

I'm having the same issue. Best I can tell, it just started last night. I'm not sure, but I think this is the reason why I'm unable to install any apps, even free ones, in the AppWorld. Weird thing is that I'm able to log in with my Blackberry ID online just fine. I went through the process of using the "reset your password" link and chaning my password, even though my current credentials were working, but that made no difference. I'm new to RIM devices. This is my first. I've never owned a Blackberry smartphone, but was attracted to the Playbook because all other tablets on the market just seem like copies of each other. Anyway, between this issue, and the one where I can't get my internal storage volume mounted, I'm finding it difficult to happy with my purchase of the Playbook. Smiley Sad

I upgraded to the BETA of OS2 because of the mounting issue, thinking that it may resolve the problem. Now it seems that the BETA certainly does have "dragons ahead". Hopefully someone will post a fix for this. If not, hopefully the production release of OS2 will resolve. Just had a thought - hopefully this "locked ID" issue won't prevent us from successfully downloading/installing the production release when it's available!?

wtkidd1972
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64Gb
My Carrier: Verizon

I git it fixed on my PB. I manually changed the date year to 2014... Waited a couple of minutes, then set the date/time back to automatic. This fooled the PB into thinking the lock time had passed. Also, I can now download from AppWorld now. Hope that works for you.
wtkidd1972
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

good solution.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor

The workaround solution worked for me too..

But should not RIM find a solution to this problem ?????

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

very interesting fix, thanks for sharing it with us

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Yup a weird workaround to a strange problem ... Hope this is solved by the time it comes out of beta

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: T6Mobile NL

i cannot change date it just doesnt accept my changes and reverts back to actual date (running 2.0.07111)

Contributor

Strange ... Have u deselected automatic date in the settings option and are u saving it before closing it
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: T6Mobile NL

[ Edited ]

thx for your reply however i had already moved on and have got stuck in a bigger prob

wanted to remove os2 and revert back to os1 follwing BB website advice uing BB desktop but after three updates and several hung ups i am still on 7111 and apps will not update eg facebook or install eg bbridge anymore

my PB is a bit useless now 

how do i get rid of os 2?

thx