Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1.0.1526 now available

Did not see this in Blackberry Desktop Software for Mac or in Settings, Software Updates, but in testing Blackberry Link for Mac the update was offered. 

Blackberry Link seems to suggests if you ain't got BB10 you need to go away, but in fact it does seem to "support" Playbook in some areas, but not all. Maybe after the update it may.

Pretty slow download so I'll leave others to make comments. 

My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1.0.1526 now available

[ Edited ]

Yep! Downloading now!

Two of the included updates are improving app payments, changes the name of BlackBerry World, and improves text messaging over Bridge.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

[ Edited ]

Why are BB messing about with this update while we are all waiting for BB10 to come to the PlayBook?

I've been clicking "Check for Updates" every day for two weeks since BB10 was supposed to come out. Today its says an OS update is available   but then the bubble bursts when it turns out just to be a tweak to v2.1  

Solutions: 6,349

No one every stated the BB10 update to the PlayBook would come in February.. or even soon. I believe I've read it would be months.

I suppose their are planned upgrades to 2.1 regardless of the BB10 plans.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
My Device: 1. Playbook 2. Z30 3. Z10 4. Classic

Downloaded and updated without any problem.  A bit slow to restart. (but managed to eat lunch, go for a walk, etc for the total process to complete)

I still get a red X when sending emails thru our enterprise Microsoft Activesync exhange account.  This has been an outstanding issue since the 2.0 (whatever last year sometime) release.  Seems to be a playbook os issue, as BB10 doesn't do the same thing, for me.

Other than changing the App world icon, I haven't noticed any thing different yet.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

I have 2 PlayBook, the first one is alone not bridge to a phone and its download was about 130mb, the second one is bridge to a Z10 and it receive the same 130mb and then it download another 406mb

Anyone has any ideas why the second download? 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Solutions: 6,349

rat-7 wrote:

and then it download another 406mb

Anyone has any ideas why the second download? 

Nope.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor

I have the same Z10 and Playbook bridge, but no second download for me. Only difference, is I am on Bell and you appear to be on Rogers. I will try my second playbook tonight.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

hvacdon wrote:
I have the same Z10 and Playbook bridge, but no second download for me. Only difference, is I am on Bell and you appear to be on Rogers. I will try my second playbook tonight.

But the PlayBook is WIFI only, I doubt that it would have any way to know what carrier is on the phone, then again 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Regular Contributor

rat-7 wrote:

hvacdon wrote:

But the PlayBook is WIFI only, I doubt that it would have any way to know what carrier is on the phone, then again 

Agreed, I knew it was a long shot....I was thinking perhaps the Z10 bridge could influence, but not likely.  I turned my bluetooth/bridge off and on a few times and checked for updates after the initial download and reading your post, to no avail.