Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Koodo

BlackBerry PlayBook glitches out don't no if it is the blackberry or a virus in DESPERATE need of help!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I got this black berry PlayBook for Christmas and it starts to open up random things and just 'glitch' out idk if it is a virus but I really want to find out I have restarted it and it didn't  work Smiley Sad  please help!!!!!!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: BlackBerry PlayBook glitches out don't no if it is the blackberry or a virus in DESPERATE need of help!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried the 3 button reset? (holding power button and both volume buttons down for 20 seconds until PlayBook switches off then release the 3 buttons. It should then restart)

What do you mean when it 'glitches' out?

New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry PlayBook glitches out don't no if it is the blackberry or a virus in DESPERATE need of help!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I have restarted it but not the 3 button start and like it opens up apps by itself and just does random stuff?  Can u help???

New Contributor

Yes no? I just want to get this fixed!!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

I think its just something wrong with the 2.0 firmware because someone else had a post saying it starts itself up and opens random apps. The last week mine has froze on some apps and wouldnt exit or some just wouldnt work right and then all of them would act up until you restart. More than likely its something wrong on rim's part, not a virus or something. If its that bad you could try a secuirty wipe or whatever if you backed up your pictures and whatever and reinstall the firmware and everything

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

[ Edited ]

If it opens random apps without you touching the screen at all, even after doing a 3 button reset, try a security wipe.

Try the solution from knottyrope here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/debrick-method-OS-2/m-p/1605149#M29581