Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: TBayTel

Blackberry App World is not currently available in your country. Please Check BlackBerry.com/appworld for updates

The thing is I'm in Canada and have 3 playbooks in the house. Two are displaying this message as of today when I attempt to get into the appworld and one still works fine so I don't get it as they would all have the same external IP.

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Blackberry App World is not currently available in your country. Please Check BlackBerry.com/appworld for updates

I'm having the same problem. I'm in Montreal Canada. 

New Contributor
My Device: pearl 8100
My Carrier: fido

Re: Blackberry App World is not currently available in your country. Please Check BlackBerry.com/appworld for updates

I am having the same issue in Waterloo. RIM Park is just 10min from me! Worked fine yesterday. How can I fix this???

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

I have my BlackBerry PlayBook for several months. In the last several days whenever I start App World I get an error massage "BlackBerry App World is not currently available in your country. Please check BlackBerry.com/appworld for updates.". If I turn off my wireless network on the device (App World notifies me that it cannot connect…) and then turn it on again App World refreshes itself and I can use it as usual.

I mast note I am residing in the US, I tried this at two different wireless network locations. I tried restarting and turning the device off several times but it does not seem to be helping.

Is there an issue with hardware / software on my device or is this a problem on the server?

Obviously this is very annoying, is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Maybe RIM pulled the plug on the server. Or maybe they didn't pay their electric bill. Lol
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9930 and Playbook
My Carrier: sprint

I'm located in the United States and I'm getting the same message.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

As of today the App World is back to normal (probably the problem was on the server)