Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Developer
My Device: Playbook & Torch
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Appworld Issue BBID Password Not Accepted

I have enjoyed my PlaBk for almost a year but this has never happened. I attempted to purchase an app. When asked.com for my BBID password it would not accept it. I tried a few times more without working. So I went to Blackberry and changed my BBID password. But back on the playbook it still not accept my password. .

Something else...in MyAppWorld, when I try and re-install an previously uninstalled app, I get a 0003-0005 error on the screen of my PlaBk

When I go to the Blackberry ID in the Options, the message comes up 'Unable to Connect'

But I am connected via WiFi and I can go onto appworld???

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Blackberry Appworld Issue BBID Password Not Accepted

Try doing it on your phone.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Developer

Got to it this morning and I am able mow to download from my BBphone. but now the Plabk Network errors this time. When I get to the purchase app section called "Sign in with your blackberry ID " it now says

"network/connection error. Please check your connection settings and try again."

So I am able to log on with the Playbook, find what I am looking for in appworld, but cannot sign in to purchase.

I am also now able to download on my phone but not purchase.

Forums Veteran I

Try recycling your router.
Developer

no really, is there anyone who can help.? The notifications of software are beginning to stack up. I need to be able to use my blackberry id!!

Forums Veteran I

Do you really think that it is wrong to tell you to turn off your router for 1 minute. To see if that works.
Developer

sorry. I thoought you ment to place it in the recucling box.

Developer

[ Edited ]

The router seems to be doing its job alright with all aspects of playbook connectivity seeming to work flawlessly. The more I read though, the more it looks like the playbook and the blackberry ID software is in some kind of conflict. So the BBID works on the phone, and on the website, but still not the playbook. A "003-005" error is generated when I attempt to update software from MyAppWorld. If I attempt to purchase, a network error is reported

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: eastlink

interesting, this is my problem too, you are not alone. I tried rebooting the blackberry (set clock to 2014 and hold start button for 20 seconds-restart) This solved the download error but still Ap world will not recognize the BB ID, tells me I have no connectivitywhen I do. I've tried resetting passwords to no avail....This is frustrating, just letting you know you are not alone.

Developer

Its good to know that mine is not an isolated incident. Thanks for writing.

Today the playbook began a new symptom. The Blackberry ID login screen is now popping up every few minutes or so and asking for my password. When I type it in, the software attempts to connect to the server. It times out and I just hit cancel and get back to work.

The programs that want to update is now at 3 apps. but the updates fail (see error in prev. post)

I tried the '2014 reset' you described but nothing really changed

Thanks for all the help