Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: VZN

Blackberry Appworld tether support

Love the tablet.  Need to add tether support for Appworld though.  Everything else is useable while using tether for internet stuff but this it seems.

Brandon Clark
The Mind Company | www.themindspot.com

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Blackberry Appworld tether support

Hey MindOperations,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your input as we are constantly working on improving our products.

Have a good day.

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Airtel India

Absolutely! It might be a strategic decision on RIM's part to keep many things WiFi only, but when tethering is so elegantly implemented on a Playbook, and works flawlessly, it`s such a shame not to be able to do as much with it as is possible on WiFi. It also tends to be a major handicap for someone like me who lacks a WiFi network and has to depend on a tethered 3G network for all online purposes.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I agree this is a must. To be able to access all Internet related sites via tether.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: -

I would also prefer to see App World working when tethering. I hope to see that in next OS update!

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Alpha
My Carrier: 3UK

Very much agree, this is such an odd and seemingly arbitrary limitation. Surely it would make better sense to tell the user "App World may incur large amounts of data transfer, which may cost a lot on a mobile connection. Do you wish to continue?" as a yes/no question, as opposed to the somewhat authoritative "Nope, not gonna happen, find wifi." message that happens now.

My better half keeps running into this issue - and with an unlimited mobile data connection, it really seems like a silly limitation to have... Really hope it gets sorted before PBOS 2.1 is out Smiley Happy

..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

Co-
existence
or no
existence

- Piet Hein
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Telus

Agreed, the Blackberry PlayBook is awesome, however this would make the experience so much better!
I have a related post requesting that Bridge Internet tethering should notify all applications that Internet access is available.
James