Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Bold 9780 apps to Blackberry Playbook

Hi

Are some of the Blackberry apps available on the Bold 9780 not compatible with the Playbook?

eg.  I have downloaded Blackberry Travel onto my phone but when accessing the Blackberry Apps via the Playbook that Travel app doesn't seem to be available?

How can you transfer apps from the phone to the Playbook and vice versa?

eg.  I have a working Word to Go and Sheet to Go on the Playbook but the same apps on the phone appear to be corrupted and I get an error message when I try and open them.  Can I simply transfer one to the other or is there another solution?

Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 apps to Blackberry Playbook

Apps written for current bb smartphones are not generally compatible with PB unless the developer has specifically written a version for the PlayBook.  There is no currently version of BB Travel available for the PlayBook. 

Documents to Go apps are installed as part of the operating system and therefore are not available in App World. For problems related to your specific smartphone, please search the BlackBerry Bold support forum to determine if someone else has already encountered the problem. If not, you should open a new thread. It would be helpful iyou specified the exact error message.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 apps to Blackberry Playbook

Thanks for that.

The error message is basically the same for both Word To Go and Sheet to Go.

It reads: -

"Error starting WordToGo47:Module 'DocsToGoCommon47' not found"      and

"Error starting SheetToGo47:Module 'DocsToGoCommon47' not found"

I will commence a new thread as well just in case there are others who have encountered similar difficulties.