11-13-2011 09:07 AM
11-13-2011 11:36 AM
11-13-2011 01:51 PM
I go thru this every 2 weeks. I have an open ticket with this problem, so far the only thing that works is a security wipe. Call RIM and they will do the same as knotty says and then a security wipe. You want it too work or the green circle. Your choice.
Are you saying you have had a security wipe work for you but that you have to do it again every two weeks because of this problem? Wow! On which device, the playbook or the phone? Does anyone have a theory why it keeps reoccurring?
Is this limited to BBOS 5 phones?
11-13-2011 05:10 PM
I have now done a security wipe on the phone. It did not help. I am still having the same exact symptoms. I'm not sure whether I over resotored. I could not find any guidance on what to restore after the wipe. Even before restoring, it looked like the wipe hadn't really removed the bridge software. To top it off, I had no BB App World icon when I was done even though the software list said it was installed. I was able to fix that by redownloading app world. Still cannot use tablet for my email. I'm going to try one more time just uninstalling Bridge and reinstalling after a reboot. If that doesn't work, I'm ready to go out and bad-mouth RIM to anyone who will listen.
11-14-2011 10:17 AM
Hi, well I tried the security wipe of the Playbook (Settings, Security, Security Wipe) again and this time it worked! The bridge connects ok and the phone is unlocked. Just hope that I don't have to do it again as it is not a painless task.
Also, as part of this the "stuck " OS 1.07xx update worked, so that is now also resolved. Just missing now is the KOBO monumental FUBAR, which seems to work for some but not for others. What a pain.
Anyhow, thanks for all the support and will keep you posted if things do not go to plan!
11-25-2011 06:02 PM
When I got the software update notification today, I decided to do a security wipe on the playbook first. After wiping the PB, updating the software and reloading my other software from AppWorld, the email connection to my Curve started working again. Not sure if the update had anything to do with it or I just got lucky the second time arround. The contacts didn't show up for a while. But those eventually showed up too.
12-02-2011 09:12 AM
I had the same issue with the password not being acccepted and I accidently figured out my issue. When I initially set up my password for my Bold 9900, I entered four numbers - or at least what I thought was four letters - but in fact, the password is represented by the letters on the keypad (i.e. if I was entering '1234', it was actually being registered as 'wers'). So, when I tried to bridge my playbook and the phone, I was entering the password using the 4-digit number password, which isn't at all what the password is. I stumbled across my password in letter form, and when I entered the passwords with the letters, it bridged with no issues at all.
May not help everyone, but it worked like a charm for my situation!
12-02-2011 09:30 AM
I have just upgraded my Playbook OS to Version: 1.08.4985 and my Curve 9300 is running OS 6 BUNDLE 2647 and Bridge is working fine, no issues.
My suggestion for those running Playbook OS 1.07 would be to upgrade to 1.08 and try restarting Bridge again.
Hope this helps
02-04-2012 02:22 PM
Not sure if this helps or not, but I have a suspicion what might be going on...
Once upon a time, my Playbook and Torch worked perfectly together (if you ignored missing tabs and the occasional lockups). My torch died and I was given a Bold 9700 connected to my corporated email for 2 weeks as a loaner. The playbook exhibited all the problems explained in this thread. Nothing I did helped.
I was given a new torch 9800. My corporate email did not activate for 2 days but my playbook worked perfectly (although obviously there was no mail). I could see calendar and notes and tasks.
After 2 days, the corporate email activation took place. My phone rebooted a gazillion times and my playbook went into "Connecting..... " mode - back to the stuck behaviour. The number of emails was correctly displayed and it played a little "incoming mail" tune every time a mail arrived. I just couldn't connect to my email or notes or calendar.
I tried all the solutions in this thread until eventually doing a Playbook security wipe - voila - everything worked again.
I am pretty sure that this is a bug in the authentication software. I would bet that there is a certificate that is created during the initial pairing (bridgning) operation that becomes corrupt or invalid on the Playbook. Deleting the pairing (un-bridging) does not remove the certificate. Re-bridging the playbook detects the certificate and a new one is NOT made - leaving the old one in place.
In my case, the certificate issue was not highlighted until I activated the corporate email and all the policies were loaded causing the invalid certificate to be activated. A security wipe removed the certificate and fixed the problem,
If this is correct, then there may be cases where a security wipe of both Playboook and Phone may be required to reset the authentication. Horrible way to fix your problems!
IF ANYONE FROM BLACKBERRY is reading this - please, please, please check this behaviour. If I'm right, it's pretty easy to fix (although tough to replicate unless you find the right steps). It would be a real shame if this still exists in the v2.0 OS.