Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Torch 9860 & Playbook
My Carrier: BT

Re: Blackberry Bridge Connect OK but will not unlock for access to emails etc

I actually scanned the bar code on the phone, not the pb and it worked. sorry but not techno knowledgable!

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850; PlayBook 16 OS 2.0

Ok, i suspect we are doing the same thing, just saying it differently. As far as i know, it is only possible to bridge by scanning the barcode that is displayed on the playbook screen with the BB phone camera, which i have done many times without fixing the problem. I thought you were suggesting performing the reverse process, but i dont see a way.

It looks like i have to wipe the tablet, again, if I want the messages app to work through bridge. 

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: TELUS

If whatever you are going to do actually works, could you please post it in step by step detail?

And could you explain what is meant by a 'security wipe'?

Thanks!

Contributor

Security wipe resets the playbook to its original factory state--like new. You will lose your personal files, data, apps, etc. And will need to reinstall from backup, original sources, App World, etc.
Contributor

To do a wipe, go to Settings, Security, Security Wipe.
Contributor

Whoa...sounds a bit severe. Wiping out everything just to deal with an authentication loop with one device when other devices work fine feels like using a sledgehammer to kill an ant.

You'd think RIM would have a better workaround than this... I'm pretty sure that this 'issue' will be the deal breaker that takes the PlayBook off the list of tablets being considered by our CIO. 

**bleep**.

RB

Contributor

Is this some kind of sick joke?  Restoring from the back up restored the damned problem.  It was fine when I rebuilt the bridge connections, but when I followed the rest of your advice to restore from backup, it restored the loop.

Thanks for the advice.  :-(

Contributor

Sorry, but I wasn't instructing you to do anything, only describing that the security wipe would be like starting over. I did not mean that you could do a simple backup/restore. I wish it were that simple. That said, I did read elsewhere that if you do back up your playbook when everything is working properly, you should be able to restore to that point and remove the bridge security bug if it crops up, again.

Hope that helps. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm also trying to find a better solution.
Contributor

Okay... obviouslymy misunderstanding, as well.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I'm in the middle of another backup.  Then I intend to try the wipe, and when the time comes to restore, I am going to try a series of selective restores.  ie: I will restore Data first.  Then I will restore Apps.  However, I am seriously considering avoiding restoring the settings.  I'll let you know how that works out.

Contributor
My Device: 8350, 9650, Paybook
My Carrier: Virgin, Verizon

I wood restore apps from BB AppWorld instead of backup.