01-02-2013 06:37 PM
I haven't used the bridge for a few weeks, and when I went to use it today, the apps were all greyed out. When I closed the bridge, the icon actually disappeared from my home page. I looked in My AppWorld to see if it was deleted, so I could reinstall it, but it wasn't there. I searched AppWorld to download a new version, and it wasn't there either. Has the bridge been discontinued for some reason? I have a Bold 9700 on Telus in Alberta, with a Playbook running the latest version of the OS, version 126.96.36.1994.
01-02-2013 07:53 PM
Hi Tony - you should be able to make your bridge apps visible by doing the following on your PlayBook:
1) Click the Settings icon in the top-left corner of the screen (then icon that looks like a gear)
2) On the left of side you will see a menu list of items you can click on. Click on the one that reads "BlackBerry Bridge"...it is 7th from the top.
3) On the right-side of the screen, you should see your BB device listed if you had connected that exact one previously.
(a) if you see your BB listed, simply tap on your BlackBerry device's name in the list. Your PlayBook should go through the connection process then connect within 10-15 secs
(b) if your BB device is not listed, then tap on the "Setup" button below and follow the prompts.
Please note the following:
* Bluetooth MUST be turned ON, on both your handheld and PlayBook
* The Bridge App must be installed on your BlackBerry Handheld.
Hope this helps.
01-05-2013 10:42 AM
01-07-2013 11:15 AM
thanks for the comments folks. I tried a number of times going through the BB Bridge connection process in the options screen, with no success. Then I realized that it wasn't making a bluetooth connection, even though it was showing that it was connnected on the playbook, on the BB it wasn't showing a connection to the playbook. I did a battery out restart, and re connected the bluetooth, then when I did the BB Bridge setup from the main options screen, it worked. I am now good to go. Thanks for your help.
01-07-2013 12:42 PM