Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Blackberry Desktop SW connection issues

I cannot get my PLAYBOOK to communicate with PC :

For 5 days now i've tried every possible permutation of power on / power off / with & without desktop software (PC)started, re-installed : playbook working, charged, under sharing set to WINDOWS and wifi sharing off etc.. as per all the other suggetsions on tihs forum. I've spent about 6 hours on this - how can such a basic problem exist for so many at launch ?

Desktop SW can see the playbook , recognise its PIN, but cannot communicate - it hangs there with the green communicating logo in the bottom right corner :  so I annot share media or files or bacup etc...  Sometimes i get invited to 'update' through a pop-up but this just hangs indefinitely also....

Desktop SW works fine for blackberry bold 9700.... so i dont beleve its a problem with my PC.

Desktop SW is the latest version from the blackberry www.

(I can connect with my MAC however , but i dont travel with my MAC so its not viable solution).

This is very disapointing : such a basic fundamental requirement, and nowhere near out of the box..

Q: is this a known issue ? is there a fix coming soon ? what else can i try, given that the desktop SW can see the playbook , but just hangs ' connecting indefinitely.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Blackberry Desktop SW connection issues

Hey JEVANS,

Welcome to the forums.

You may want to try going through the following clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Desktop Software, then reinstall. 

How to perform a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Desktop Software

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!