Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold and Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Desktop does not see Playbook when connected USB

The BB Desktop can see my Bold fine, but when I plug in the Playbook it won't see it.   Already reinstalled the BB Desktop software twice, did not fix it.  PLease help, this device is not usable without being able to synch media from my laptop.  Windows 7 32-bit OS on the laptop btw.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Desktop does not see Playbook when connected USB

what version of desktop manager are you using?

v6.0.2 B43 was released on the 14th.

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Just downloaded and ran it again today - Version 6.0.2.42 which it says Released April 13, 2011 (Bundle 43)

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

remove PlayBook from USB, reboot PC

then open desktop manager, connect playbook

does it see it then?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

No, tried that (many times) and also reinstalled BB Desktop and did the same again based on an earlier post.  When looking at the Playbook in Windows Device Manager (from Control Panel), there are two Port entries added, and one Network Device for the PLaybook itself - the Network Device it says the driver "could not be installed because of insufficient resources - see manufacturer website".  Is there any way for me to get the driver for the Playbook and update it?  I cannot find it anywhere to force Windows to update it.  Tried also deletingthe device and then plugging it in, trying to get BB Desktop to use a better driver, but no luck, same issue. 

Between this issue and no Wifi working for any secured Wifi networks with WPA or WPA-2 (most businesses - this is a separate post), this device is not promising after day 2 of not being able to use it......

Guru III
My Device:

under network i see RIM network device

driver file details

c:\windows\system32\drivers\rndismpx.sys

c:\windows\system32\drivers\usb8023x.sys

version 6.1.7600.16385

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

Run Desktop manager on the comuter then connect the playbook with it powered off.  It worked on mine.

New Contributor

Worked!  Steps that worked for me were:

1. Turned off Playbook

2. Restart PC fresh

3. Plug in PLaybook (while turned off)

4. Got my first successful Windows plu and play install to run (automatically when I plugged it in).

5. It launched BB Desktop and turned on the Playbook, but after both start ups, it still did not see the Playbook

6. Turned off Playbook, disconnected

7. Rebooted PC

8. Plugged in Playbook - BB Desktop Manager now sees it!

Thanks for your post - was definitely the right direction.  What an ordeal.

New Contributor

Bad news - this is still not synching.  The Playbook did install without a Windows error, but when I run BB Desktop manager, it does not see the device still.  The Playbook shows "Connected to Computer", but when I try to see it in BB Desktop, there is not device plugged in.  Works fine for my Bold, but the Playbook does not show up still.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the Same issue.  Also noticed that my Playbook does not charge from my Laptop.  Not sure if that is realted to the problem or not.. just an observation.