07-01-2011 04:44 PM
Thank you for the suggesstion! However, I did exactly as you said (everything was already clicked correctly in properites), but when I go in Windows Explorer there is no line item for Playbook. The only place i see anything related to Blackberry is the Program Files/Research and Motion.
Frystrating because the Playbook recognizes the PC, my PC makes the standard noise when a USB is connected, but tehy D-Manager refuses to recognize the PB. Z drive does not come up either.
I have already unistaleed and re-installed software. Nothing seems to work.
Any further suggestions will be appreciated.
07-14-2011 11:52 AM
07-20-2011 04:28 PM - edited 07-20-2011 04:32 PM
This Worked for me.
PlayBook uses the USB port a network port. The communication with the computer is therefore by way of a network connection. I had the same problem as you and solved it as follows (I am running Win7, 32 bit):
1. Plug the PlayBook into the computer
2. Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections
3. If your computer has a LAN port, you should see 2 "Local Area Network Connections"
4. Click on the one identified as "Research In Motion Network Device"
5. Click on the "Properties" button at the bottom left corner of the dialog box
6. Check the box "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)". Once you do that, the other 2 boxes should be checked as well.
7. Click the "OK" button
8. Go to Window Explorer. Under "Computer", you should now see "PlayBook [PIN: XXXXXXX]". My computer mapped the PlayBook as my Z: drive. You can now click on this item to see the folders on your Playbook. Drag and drop files as you would with other drives / folders.
9. Activate BB DeskTop Manager now. It should say that you have just connected a new device.
This Worked for me. Checked off the TCP/IP box and instantly the BDM that was already running recognized the PB!! Thanks!!!
07-25-2011 05:25 PM
Mine already had the TCP/IP box checked. I also already have a network drive that is mapped to my Z drive (it has to be there for other software). Even if I were to disconnect the Z drive, it will still not recognize the playbook.
08-07-2011 07:23 AM
Hi Please still a fresher/newbie at the playbook. I just got one yesterday, i connected to my PC and added some media files to it, everything was finem until the update available message popped up. I did the update to 126.96.36.19970, after which I have been unable to access the playbook via the desktop manager. Its simply doesnt detect it. However on the playbook itself, it reads connected and even charges. It has a message that says you should install the playbook driver(But that didnt show up the first time I used it) . Havent the faintest idea of how t fix this or download a new one. Any help will be deeply appreciated. thank you.
08-20-2011 02:32 AM
check if this worx dudes..worked 4 me.
just go to yr network connections,youl have 2 local area connections..1 enabled and one dissabled...make sure the 2nd one is enabled and there u go!!!
09-17-2011 03:06 AM
I can't get my Playbook to show up on my PC, either.
Not getting 2 LAN connections, just 1.
Rebooted the PC and only brought up Desktop Manager -- nothing.
09-17-2011 02:17 PM
Well, I sort of got it connected: the Desktop Manager backed up my files from the Playbook to my PC and I saw the Playbook as a "Z" drive on MY COMPUTER. But when I hit the SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE icon to disconnect the USB/Playbook from my PC, it never showed ??
So I hit DISCONNECT on the MY COMPUTER/PLAYBOOK entry and then discononected the USB/PLAYBOOK.