Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Bold 9000
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Blackberry Desktop does not see Playbook when connected USB

Thank you for the suggesstion!  However, I did exactly as you said (everything was already clicked correctly in properites), but when I go in Windows Explorer there is no line item for Playbook.  The only place i see anything related to Blackberry is the Program Files/Research and Motion.

Frystrating because the Playbook recognizes the PC, my PC makes the standard noise when a USB is connected, but tehy D-Manager refuses to recognize the PB.  Z drive does not come up either.

I have already unistaleed and re-installed software.  Nothing seems to work.

Any further suggestions will be appreciated.

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: verizon

I couldn't get logging to work for me. It doesn't create the log file.

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 OS 6.0
My Carrier: Bell

Did you shut off WiFi on the playbook?

Contributor
My Device: Torch and Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

I was having this same issue and then i noticed that each time i connected the playbook a new lan connection appeared in my pc's network connection list. when i enabled that connection bbry device manager found the playbook and it mapped to drive z and showed up in desktop manager. hope this helps.
My Device: Playbook & 9700
My Carrier: att

[ Edited ]

This Worked for me.

SGBert wrote:

PlayBook uses the USB port a network port.  The communication with the computer is therefore by way of a network connection.  I had the same problem as you and solved it as follows (I am running Win7, 32 bit):

1.  Plug the PlayBook into the computer

2.  Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections

3.  If your computer has a LAN port, you should see 2 "Local Area Network Connections"

4.  Click on the one identified as "Research In Motion Network Device"

5.  Click on the "Properties" button at the bottom left corner of the dialog box

6.  Check the box "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)".  Once you do that, the other 2 boxes should be checked as well.

7.  Click the "OK" button

8.  Go to Window Explorer.  Under "Computer", you should now see "PlayBook [PIN: XXXXXXX]".  My computer mapped the PlayBook as my Z: drive.  You can now click on this item to see the folders on your Playbook.  Drag and drop files as you would with other drives / folders.

9.  Activate BB DeskTop Manager now.  It should say that you have just connected a new device.

Good luck!

This Worked for me. Checked off the TCP/IP box and instantly the BDM that was already running recognized the PB!! Thanks!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Mine already had the TCP/IP box checked.  I also already have a network drive that is mapped to my Z drive (it has to be there for other software).  Even if I were to disconnect the Z drive, it will still not recognize the playbook.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 5.0.0.586
My Carrier: MTN

Hi Please still a fresher/newbie at the playbook. I just got one yesterday, i connected to my PC and added some media files to it, everything was finem until the update available message popped up. I did the update to 1.0.7.2670, after which I have been unable to access the playbook via the desktop manager. Its simply doesnt detect it. However on the playbook itself, it reads connected and even charges. It has a message that says you should install the playbook driver(But that didnt show up the first time I used it) . Havent the faintest idea of how t fix this or download a new one. Any help will be deeply appreciated. thank you.

protean_2
My Device: torch
My Carrier: du

check if this worx dudes..worked 4 me.

just go to yr network connections,youl have 2 local area connections..1 enabled and one dissabled...make sure the 2nd one is enabled and there u go!!!

peace

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: None

I can't get my Playbook to show up on my PC, either.

Not getting 2 LAN connections, just 1.

Rebooted the PC and only brought up Desktop Manager -- nothing.  

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16 GB
My Carrier: None

Well, I sort of got it connected:  the Desktop Manager backed up my files from the Playbook to my PC and I saw the Playbook as a "Z" drive on MY COMPUTER.  But when I hit the SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE icon to disconnect the USB/Playbook from my PC, it never showed ??

So I hit DISCONNECT on the MY COMPUTER/PLAYBOOK entry and then discononected the USB/PLAYBOOK.