Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Does not Function, Plugged into USB red light then 3 yellow lights and off

Blackberry Does not Function, Plugged into USB red light then 3 yellow lights and off, I cannot even claim the warrently without buying 50$ support? 

I am an Electrical Engineer by trade and have 15+ years working with computers. I left it to charge over the last 3 days. Doesn't do anything. It's a $300 paper weight. My mother bought this product for me because she thought it was a great present but now it turns out to being worthless.

What kind of company are you? Honestly?

How the hell do you think your gonna get customer loyalty with this kind of customer service. It's clearly obvious why apple is destroying you. You are worthless competition. I want this blackberry fixed. I will NOT pay for support just to replace my blackberry. That is crooked business honestly. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

My mom bought this for my birthday 4 months ago. I open it up and it doesn't even work. How can you do this to your customers. It's no wonder your company is going out of business.

I demand you fix my issue. I have 1 year of warranty support. I will NOT pay extra just to get my Blackberry exchanged.

Wait until I inform all my news groups in my area of this. I am from ONTARIO, BRAMPTON. I am a CANADIAN, just like your company. CP24 WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS. I WILL RUIN YOUR REPUTATION. I PROMISE YOU THAT.

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Does not Function, Plugged into USB red light then 3 yellow lights and off

I previously thought that your product was superior to the IPAD from a performance stand point but now, I regret it. Very much so.

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Does not Function, Plugged into USB red light then 3 yellow lights and off

[ Edited ]

New Contributor

You know what. Actually I don't even care anymore. I'm gonna go buy an IPAD. Enjoy wasting everyones money. I don't even want to deal with your company.

New Contributor

I plan on enjoying your stock hitting the bottom. It's gonna be a great short. That's the money that I'll buy my IPAD with.

I'm gonna take this thing apart and use it for scrap. Thank you.

Effectively voiding whats left of your warranty. Also don't worry about CP24, I'm sure they already know you guys suck.

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You need any help?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Nope, my frustations have been settled.

I've officially smashed the thing outside on the concrete. Thank you though. I appreciate your response.

Life goes on.

My frustations come from the fact that I used to work customer service for 3 years. I am still appalled by the way Blackberry handles customer support.

I am not being sarcastic in anyway.

I appreciate your response. This will be my last post.

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No sarcasm here either.

One of my PlayBooks recently went 'possum on me, too. Very frustrated, tried all the known tricks and tips to charge and revive it. Over a year old. I called the support line knowing it was out of date and they would deny me.

Nope, the lady very pleasantly accepted my request, I spoke with customer support and they bugged me via email daily until we got it resolved -- to MY satisfaction. My first interaction with PlayBook support, and it could not have gone more nicely nor further beyond my expectation.

I don't know what you experienced with PlayBook support, you didn't say why you're so mad with them. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration. 

Sooo... good luck, and just for the record... the LED activity you described IS very fixable. Sorry you don't have the choice to explore those remedies any longer.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code