Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbok
My Carrier: verizon

Blackberry Has No Lights At All And No Charging

Did the charge overnight, then a 20 second "on" press.  Nothing, no lights, no flash.

Then did a touch the on button and unplug the charger, then release the on button and replug in every two seconds thing.  did this for about 20 times, nothing at all.  Still looks like a completely dead device.

Then found this forum and did a 2 minute plug in, then 2 minutes unplugged - did this for 6 times, held the on button for 20 seconds, then absolutely nothing again.

Did this again - perhaps I need more of this "stack charge business" ......  So a total of 20 times with 2 minutes on and 2 off.

Still absolutely nothing.......  I just used this playbook, it has not been down for weeks, perhaps a couple of days.

I can't imagine that this is normal operation for anything......

What is my next step?

Help...

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Blackberry Has No Lights At All And No Charging

Hello merc_mike, 

Welcome to the forums.

Have a look at this article which may help you out.

BlackBerry PlayBook Power - Battery charge and discharge characteristics

If following the article does not correct your issue then you can try reaching out to direct support by following the information on this page: http://bbry.lv/JRKRGm

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbok
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Blackberry Has No Lights At All And No Charging

[ Edited ]

Now I've had my PB on the charge for the last 5 days.  Three times a day I hit it with a 20 second power button hit.  I feel like a fool cradling the PB and pushing the button for 20 seconds without anything in return.  All connections through the micro USB with the wall charger.

I've seen no light flicker and no sign of life at all.

Would the magnetic quick charge bring this beast back to life, or do I need to make the costly support call?  I can't imagine that you are supposed to pay the $49 charge to call RIM for warranty service.