Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: 9780, Playbook
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Blackberry Pl;aybook Software 2.0

I have been unable to complete the upgrade of my tablet software to the latest version. the process always aborts itself midway. Can the developers just send a link to my funto@mail.com so I can click on this and download to my tablet? It is actually getting frustrationg. I tried through my desktop as well and it is as if the program is yet to commence after 3 hours. Please help.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Blackberry Pl;aybook Software 2.0

funt0 wrote:

I have been unable to complete the upgrade of my tablet software to the latest version. the process always aborts itself midway. Can the developers just send a link to my funto@mail.com so I can click on this and download to my tablet? It is actually getting frustrationg. I tried through my desktop as well and it is as if the program is yet to commence after 3 hours. Please help.

I tried to find the OS2 download on the Blackberry website. I had no success...!  They don't seem to make the download page accessable from searches. 

Try connecting the Playbook to your computer and launch the Desktop manager. First make sure you have the latest Blackberry Desktop manager software installed.  Once the Playbook is synced, then go through the menus to look for the updates. I have not tried this, but normally the Desktop manager software should prompt for the installation of the updates. It does this for every Blackberry device that I have connected to the computer. 

I have always been able to download all the Playbook and phone updates through my WiFi at home. 

Jerry G. 

Jerry G.
Contributor

i tried that as well, but it wouldnt complete the download even after several hours. what other options do i have?

Contributor

i really dont expect it to take as much as 10 hours.

Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

With a normal DSL connection on WiFi at between 2 to 5 mb/sec, I would think the download should be accomplished in about an hour to an hour and a half. I cannot remember exactly...   But, more than two hours sounds excessive to me. 

When the download aborts, are there any error messages giving a reason for the abort? 

Jerry G. 

Jerry G.
Contributor

it says software update interrupted
Forums Advisor III

Is there possibly a problem with your connection where it drops out???

Jerry G. 

Jerry G.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook, Bold 9700 and curve 8520
My Carrier: Bmobile

Sound like you having connectivity issues there, you may need to change some settings on the playbook wifi or you can try a forced update using DM

Bigaone22
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

First you need to remove your phone number. From your profile. Second try a mcdonalds or starbucks free wifi to update the software. You my remove the security from your home wifi to get the update.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor

thanks. phone number removed. there are no security settings on my wifi, except that it is password protected