Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Blackberry Playbook 2.0.0.7971 Identified Issues.

Password Protect - Doesn't Pop up the keyborard many times, I restart to resolve issue.

Docs to Go - Ppt missing in the update, doesn't support new formats of ms office 2007 & Above. File types : docx,xlsx,pptx

App World - pricing not correct, no filtering for free apps, blackberry native apps to have a seprate tab, and angry birds free version.

Video Chat - Good Reply to Facetime, but needs loads of improvement, should pull data from contacts local and bbm connected for starters, integreated bbm chat etc.

BBM - Should have local and bridged bbm both integrated in one enviorment, with BBM search option from contact list with add suggestions.

Camera - some more info, like digicam would help, should idicate low light conditions.

Tiles - More like buttons as of now, interactive tiles should really do the trick.

Weather - Needs to animated and realtime, should have links to local news and online broadcats and rss feeds.

Time & Date - needs to customizable on the home screen. also if possible to integrate the clock app on main screen would do the trick, also if weather with warnings be avaialable on home screen would be really cool.

Video - Has media files support issues and plackback stops if video is paused, forwarded or rewinded.

Accessories Store - Shold not be a web link. better if its a part of app world.

Will give more feedback when explored more.

Thanks.

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Playbook 2.0.0.7971 Identified Issues.

Forgot One Issue :

Remote Control (Blackberry Bridge) - Cursor stops working after 10s or so, none of pre-programmed features work.
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

You forgot 3 others.

PlayBook 2.0:  Can't sync BB Phone Contacts & Calendar

PlayBook 2.0:  Can't Sync Media via Desktop Softwar

PlayBook 2.0:  Turn-Off Option Issues (Restart, Stand By and Lock ALL Restart)

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9800; Blackberry PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

amitnbhasin wrote:

Password Protect - Doesn't Pop up the keyborard many times, I restart to resolve issue.

Did you try the gesture from the lower-left corner of the screen? This is supposed to always bring the keyboard up (I've never seen an instance where that didn't work).

Weather - Needs to animated and realtime, should have links to local news and online broadcats and rss feeds.

Isn't it realtime already? Whenever I go into Weather it always automatically updates to the current time.

Video - Has media files support issues and plackback stops if video is paused, forwarded or rewinded.

Completely agree! The video playback is one area that needs improvement. Well, no actual playback is awesome, but the controller sucks. If you shut down, it loses your place. This is likely due to the fact that the Video player might be an HTML5 based player, so it is using the standard HTML5 video controller (which has minimal functionality).

Disagree. An accessory is, well, an accessory, not an app.
New Contributor

Totally agreed man. Super like!!

New Contributor

tendim wrote:

amitnbhasin wrote:

Did you try the gesture from the lower-left corner of the screen? This is supposed to always bring the keyboard up (I've never seen an instance where that didn't work).
.......I tried much more than that, multi tapping, sweeping, sliding, etc. Nothing worked.

Isn't it realtime already? Whenever I go into Weather it always automatically updates to the current time
...No its not real time, and not animated, I am a globe trotter, only in some states in the US, covers info, that is also on timed update, not real time.

Completely agree! The video playback is one area that needs improvement. Well, no actual playbackis awesome, but the controller sucks. If you shut down, it loses your place. This is likely due to the fact that the Video player might be an HTML5 based player, so it is using the standard HTML5 video controller (which has minimal functionality).
....Thanks, hope rim works on the same.

Disagree. An accessory is, well, an accessory, not an app.
...Agreed, however I meant a central environment, like a proper integrated application not a range of different applications with separate registrations and payment gateways and unsecured weblinks.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9780 and PB 64GB
My Carrier: Bell

To your list I would add :

1. Can't schedule a meeting on my PlayBook and see other's calendar for availability.

2. Can't use my Bold's contacts groups when sending emails and booking meetings.

Also, adding to "Docs to Go - Ppt missing in the update, doesn't support new formats of ms office 2007 & Above. File types : docx,xlsx,pptx", I would like to point out that OS 2.0 BETA allowed this with no problem.  I need this !

Can someone from RIM answer our questions and give an ETA for those fixes ?

Thank you Smiley Happy

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Any other business users with Exchange ActiveSync losing visibility of emails on PB when changing from Bridge to Wifi or other occasions. Cannot get them to show again without reinstalling a\ccount, over and over again...  Only Drafts seem to remain visible, if it helps RIM fix this bug.

My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

"doesn't support new formats of ms office 2007 & Above. File types : docx,xlsx,pptx"

Mine is quite happy to use docx and xlsx files so you might have a problem elsewhere.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Yep 2007+ documents ok here. Too.