Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: ENTEL

Re: Blackberry Playbook 2.0.0.7971 Identified Issues.

[ Edited ]

I have the same issue with exchange activesync mails disappearing, yet haven't identified why (I don't use bridge). I am getting tired of deleting and re-adding the account.

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 64, formerly Tour 9630 now HTC WP8
My Carrier: Bell

I can't even establish an EAS connection
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

I thank all of you for sharing your expreriances and tips, altough i would have felt very happy is someone from rim took a look at these and commented stating when could we expect version update correcting the same, also if the moderator could assure would be great relief.

I have also noticed that GPS in this device doesnt work great at all and where is the digital compass they keep talking about.

Thank you all and please continue updating your experiances, tips, quick fixes and any info which could bring us and RIM on the same page and make PlayBook from a Good to Great device.

Hope to see resolutions soon and cheers !!

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: T-mobile

I've had problems with wifi. If I'm in a hotel that has a redirect to the hotel site and then acceptance to get on WiFi, will not redirect. Pops up that I am connected but in reality am not. Also when you try to delete a significant number of emails 50+ will not. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve and Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

PLEASE HELP!

I made the mistake of downloading the new version 2.0.0.7971 and things are different. Instructions state to clear history/cache go to Browser window, swipe down from top, hit gear (options), Privacy & Settings, Clear History/Cache. There isn't a Privacy & Settings in that Options area. Where did you move it to and how do I clear my history/cache. It shouldn't be this hard. Thank you

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 64, formerly Tour 9630 now HTC WP8
My Carrier: Bell

Make sure you're looking at the browser's settings and not the PB settings. Your first swipe down gives you a "Browser Settings" page with four selections down the left side: General, Content, Permissions, and Privacy & Security. Tap the last option and the Privacy & Security pane opens on the right. Scroll down in that pane and you'll see several buttons, one of which is "Clear cache". Hope this helps.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Thiesi wrote:

jarviser wrote:

Messages - Always sends web pages instead of emails"

Could you explain? 

Sure. If you open the Messages application & compose a new email, it creates & sends an HTML document. Not very nice. I really don't understand how this could have slipped through RIM's QA. Apparently they never tried to send an email to anyone.

Bye, K&K,

T-Zee

You want the choice of plain text or html?  I guess that's fair, but i haven't sent a plain text email for years. 

My Device: Blackberry Curve and Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

Thank you so much for your reply! A little technically challenged here and your descrition helped! Thanks again!

Highlighted
My Device: Playbook ver 2
My Carrier: metropcs

Re: Message Sync Interval "Manual" doesn't work

[ Edited ]

[quote]

I've got a problem that no one else has mentioned.

In messages, setting the sync interval to "manual" doesn't work. New messages are still downloaded, even in standby mode.

There should be a setting for "off" so that I can choose when I want it to sync.

My personal email setup is to forward multiple accounts into a standalone POP account that I access only when I'm on the road. Before I go on the road, I empty that POP account so I don't have to wade through all the messages I've already received in my regular accounts.

But without a "manual" or "off" setting, my Playbook just keeps on downloading all the messages and then I have to manually delete them before I can get to the new messages.

[/quote]

I'm not sure if this is being worked on already, but I can verify that the above also happens to me.