Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Passport, Playbook 16 gig, 32gig, 64gig,
My Carrier: MTS,
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Playbook 4G LTE Software update.to 2.1

Further to my post 2 weeks ago.

I like my BB PB but:...........................

1)Wish that Rogers had told me at my no contract  purchase, or someone at Blackberry, after two weeks of fooling around with it, that I had to ALSO buy airtime with Rogers (After paying the $549.00 plus tax ) to get updates.

2)BTW, Rogers has not got LTE in my city, only 4G. I have just connected with MTS, (only LTE ISP), here in Winnipeg Manitoba and the speed of the LTE is great, blinding fast. However since this 4G LTE is BRANDED (according to BB) with Rogers , no 2.1 update is available. (Yes they do say that on the website now).

3)After speaking with a person(a BB support  adviser(East coast of Canada) I found out that they do have many unhappy customers and they are working on future changes(No good for me now).

4)Next step,

I will get a sim card at Rogers, and see if I can get the updates.

Hopefully all this is not a waste of time.

By the way I am getting the following error whe I try to connect via LTE on my LTE carrier

"There was an error conneting to the update server. Please try again later (65792)"

Not happy with all those phone calls I made, their support group is not technical and reads off the script, (to be fair thats what most companies are doing),, and BB has not returned my emails asking for asistance. in two days.

Would be nice to speak to someone at BB for problem solving

Regular Contributor

Re: Blackberry Playbook 4G LTE Software update.to 2.1

Yes, finally I have the 2.1 update. Actually was pretty much  what Blackberry had stated, although I found it hard to belive they would actually force people to go to the provider that they bought their 4G LTE from. Never the less, the 4G LTE I have has the lates updates. Solution was after all, going to Rogers where I had bought the 4G LTE from (bought without contract), and getting them to put in a Sim card, signing up to a monthly plan.then just hooking up my USB cable to my desktop and doing an update through the Desktop.The integral part being the activated Sim card from Rogers. So praise be. Its done. Thanks all for your assistance.

Regular Contributor

Should have added that its the 2.1 update all right but will have to wait for the newer update  2.1.0.1088. Doesn't appear to be out yet for the 4G LTE..

Regular Contributor

Should be the newer update not out yet 2.1.0.1314for 4G LTE.
Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Virgin

I bought a playbook from rogers and had it ulocked got a sim through bell not getting updates. It would suck if I had to get a Rogers sim card.