Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: o2

Blackberry Playbook No power (after screen replacement)

I replaced my screen and digitizer. after fitting everything i cannot seem to get it to power up.

I'm curious if the problem could be with the flex cable from camera to mic. as this cable has two copper connectors on it and i might have damaged this. But i'm fairly surei t should be fine.

Any advice muchly appreciated. 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Blackberry Playbook No power (after screen replacement)

Although a couple of people have posted about tearing Playbooks down, nobody that I recall actually posted about putting one back together again, so I fear that you may be the expert on this forum so far on this subject. 

My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Blackberry Playbook No power (after screen replacement)

The connector wires are critical to remove and then re-connect properly. Sometimes the connectors on the boards themselves or the ribbon ends can be damaged during the removal of  the ribbon cables and etc. This goes for most of these tablet devices.

Also, you have to have a way to verify the parts separately, and including any new parts you buy. The service centers who service these devices are equipped to properly test for these types of faults. I have seen new parts also defective.

Jerry G.