Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: NotApplicable(Unlocked)

Blackberry Playbook Not Responding

Hello friends,

I have an blackberry playbook 16GB. It was working fine before and had charging problems for last 2 months. Like i don't know when it will be charged. if we plug in charger and keep charging for whole night, it use to get charged by morning. Charging light indicator was not working properly. Now it is not at all responding. If we put charging red light will be on for few second and it will go off. after some time it will show red light by itself. But it is not switching on or showing screen at all. Looks like it is dead.

Tried to connect it to computer and to update its software but it gives an error. when connected to computer and click on update software for few seconds it will show green light and the same story repeats again and again. Not sure if battery is dead or screen failure or what happended.

If would be really great if someone can help me on fixing the issue. Thanks again.

Thanks,
Pavan Vemireddy
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: Blackberry Playbook Not Responding

Hello pavanvemireddy

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

If you're receiving the flashing green LED light, it sounds like the BlackBerry PlayBook battery is completely drained.  I suggest plugged the BlackBerry PlayBook into the wall charger for several hours to get a charge again.

Let me know if the issue still persists after charging it after several hours.

more

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/My-BB-Playbook-doesn-t-charge-and-turn-on...

VIA | BlackBerry Technical Advisor 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: NotApplicable(Unlocked)

Re: Blackberry Playbook Not Responding

Hello thanks for your reply.

I have already charged it for almost one full day. but still it is not switching on.

I could see green light only when i plug it to my computer with USB cable and hold power button for few seconds.

and the green button too is not stable. it will go away very quickly. am not getting what the problem is.

It would be really great if you can provide me a solution.

Thanks,
Pavan Vemireddy