Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Blackberry Playbook Not Working - Replacement?

[ Edited ]

Hi there - I didn't know where else to turn... so I apologize if this post is not appropriate for this forum. I received a BlackBerry Playbook for Christmas today which is completely defective. The touch screen doesn't work at all. As such, I can't activate the device. It is stuck on the first welcome screen. Since the touch screen doesn't work, I cannot successfully "swipe to continue."

Furthermore, I can't connect it to my desktop machine through the BlackBerry Desktop Software, as it must first be activated before I can connect it. Honestly I've been feeling like a moron trying multiple swipe techniques to get this thing to work. Hard swipes, soft swipes, I even talked sweet to the thing. Also - I can't shut it down as I have to "touch" the power down button after long pressing the physical button... but again the touch screen doesn't work so I can't power it down. I just have to wait for the battery to drain for it to power down.

Basically this thing is a lemon.

Can I return this to you guys to exchange it for a non-defective one?

The Serial Number is: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

The PIN is: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Thank you, and please let me know if there is a better or more appropriate place to post this.

Andy.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Blackberry Playbook Not Working - Replacement?

Charge the Playbook for 30 minutes. Hold down the power, - and + buttons all together. it should get younup and running.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the reply!  Unfortunately, no dice.  I let the thing fully charge overnight, and then did a hard reset as you suggested.  Still the touch screen doesn't work.  I've made a video showing my experience.

(forums don't allow for embeds - please just click the link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CAOdpNZwc4&feature=youtu.be

Any way I can exchange this thing back to you guys?  As I said - it was a gift... I have no idea where it came from.

Thank you.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: N/A

You will need to call BB Technical Support for assistance or to RMA if needed.
New Contributor

I promise I'm not an Internet dummy... but for the life of me I can't find a phone number for "BB Technical Support."  No such phone number is included anywhere within the documentation that came with the device, nor is there a contact phone number anywhere on the Technical Support page: 

http://us.blackberry.com/support/programs/technical/

There is a sales number sure, but not a technical support one.  Would you be willing to share the appropriate phone number I need to call?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: N/A