Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone - Iphone
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Playbook - Wont Charge and On/Off Button Works Intermittently

My Playbook just wont charge.  The connection between the charger and unit seems loose, so the connector wont stay in to charge.  Ive hardly used it, so dont know why it has become like that.  Also the On/Off button only works when it wants to and ususally wont turn off.

This is the second Playbook I have had as the first one, the On/Off button stopped working on that too.  

This one is over a year old, so dont think the shop will take it back or look at it (plus I cannot find proof of purchase!!)

I contacted Blackberry Support to be told this (below), but as Im not a business customer I dont see why I should pay alot to get support.

To assist you there are a number of self service options available at www.blackberry.com/gettingstarted to help resolve your issue.  This includes our technical knowledge center, manuals, videos and forums.

If you are interested in purchasing BlackBerry Incident Based Support, please see our website for more detail. Go to www.blackberry.com/support, select Business. Find the Incident Based Support section.  
There you will find our direct phone number and cost for IBS.

Any help would be greatfully received.

Thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Playbook - Wont Charge and On/Off Button Works Intermittently

I recommend this:

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Travel-Charger-Playbook/dp/B004XBZ728/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=...

or this:

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Charging-Stand-Playbook/dp/B004XDTXZI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thank you so much I will get one of them to try.

New Contributor

Hi

Just wanted to say a big thank you, I ordered one of the charges you suggested and it worked!  So Im very happy.

Thank you

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Excellent!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!