Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook 32G
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Playbook and Mini KB

I purchased a Blackberry Bluetooth Mini Keyboard.  I connected it and it works nicely.  I then connected my Blackberry Curve and again no problems.  Then i enabled the Blackberry Bridge so my Blackberry Emails can be seen on my Playbook.  Well as soon as I got an email the KB disconnected.

This happens now all the time.

I turn off the KB on and off and it connects and then poof disconnects all of a suddden.

Are these 2 not compatable with each other?

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Blackberry Playbook and Mini KB

[ Edited ]

Hey Franksp2011,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

I have tested this and was unable to reproduce this issue, we would suggest contacting our BlackBerry PlayBook support team for further investigation into this matter: 

http://us.blackberry.com/legal/blackberry-playbook-complimentary-support-plan-terms-and-conditions.h...

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n/a

bluetooth protocols are normally one device is pair at a time (will stand corrected if wrong)

as for blackberry bluetooth is slightly non standard, this should still be the case

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

A simpler solution to re-establish a connection when the mini keyboard is disconnected is to tap the keyboard's [ctrl] key..  That re-establishes contact.  You get a viusual confirmation of the process when the LED on the keyboard flashes blue while it re-establishes the connection.

This is perhaps not a solution but a lot less of a pain than turning off the keyboard, turning it on again and then waiting and waiting for the keyboard and the PlayBook to pair again.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB